Default LST - will LOSB3342 (HighSpeedCB) work with stock spur ratio?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Anyone know if this CB will work with the stock spur gears and spur gear ratio? Or do you have to buy the entire "high speed" conversion kit?

High speed kit: http://www.teamlosi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB3432

The bell is one tooth taller than stock on both gears. In my head, it will work, but I don't want to waste $20 to find out it will be off just enough to eat up spur gears. And the speed isn't important enough to me to buy the entire $65 kit. But to get a little more speed for $20, it's worth it to me.

Thanks.

I can't see why it wouldn't work. If you try it please let us know how it works!

I don't think the gears will mesh right if you change just the clutch bell and not the spur gears. The stock clutchbell is 18/25 and matches up with 63/70t spurs respectively. The horizon sight has all of the various components listed and the part descriptions say which sizes go with each. Such as this one.

64T Spur Gear-Use w/24T Pinion: LST, LST2

I just modded my gears, I wanted to keep the low end puch but up my top end a bit so I got the lst threaded clutchbell (LOSB3340)

The threaed 18t pinion, the same as the stock but threads onto the lst clutchbell LOSB3350 and used the stock low speed spur I already have

For the second gear I got the 24t pinion (LOSB3355) and the 64t spur (LOSB3418 ) because these are listed as going together.

These are are regular steel pinions and plastic spurs so it only cost me about $15 rather then using Ti parts. Not sure if I went the right way with the ratios but tried to stick to losi recomendations without breaking the bank. Maybe some of the more experienced members around here can fill me in, either way let me know what you come up with

They will mesh up just fine. You just need to repossition the engine.

Looks like I ordered a bunch of stuff I didn't need. Can you get that 59t high speed in steel rather then ti? Its a bit much for a single spur gear.

The Ti is steel. It's just TiNi coated I believe.

I haven't had problems using plastic... I just made sure to have the LST2 spur guard that covers the back of the spurs and I haven't had any issues. The only problem is that I don't know where to find anything but stock tooth count spurs without getting that high speed kit... and it seems really aggressive for what I want. I just want a tooth or two on the CB. Just a little faster. Then I don't have to loose much bottom end.

Check this out,

Delrin spurs from GPM 71/62 Spurs (GPM) E-Bay

18/27Pinion (Losi 18 tooth / 1320 Performance 27 tooth) http://www.1320.4t.com/custom2.html

I am using:

71/62 Spurs (GPM)

18/27 Pinion (Losi - 18 tooth / 1320 Performance - 27 tooth)

First Gear = 3.94
Second Gear = 2.29

The AFT comes out the hole hard and fly’s when it hits second gear!
Note: I have also performed the gear swap for the transmission! An additional 5 mph (GPS)

The gears have held up well so far. I do not race on a track, just bash. I got 42.7 mph (GPS) out of it. I then installed the LST upgrade kit (suspension only - Tires are taller) and got 43.1 mph (GPS). Hope this helps!

Note: the GPS is to track my upgrades. Regardless how accurate the GPS is the truck is really fast.

Attachments

• 7162 Spurs GPM.JPG
    7162 Spurs GPM.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 235
Back