Decent, inexpensive ESC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoGod

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
So I need 1 or 2 ESC's for these cars I picked up.....what would be a decent inexpensive (cheaper the better) ESC to grab? One of these cars (old Rustler) came with a mechanical SC, and I'd like to swap that out before I sell the car, or let my wife or son play with it.

My ideal scenario would be to make this car SLOW so my 3 year old can bash around with us in the front yard, but I don't think I could make it slow enough for him to handle ;-)

Luckily he has a little Nikko Monster truck that kind of works on grass. lol

Scope out tower hobbies or ebay for a start. Normally, the cheaper the esc, the fewer cells it can handle. Probably only a very mild motor, too. I picked up a duratrax esc for $30. I forget the name(trucks in the garage), but it handles 6-7 cells and up to a 20t motor. A little extra dough will get ya a traxxax xl5. 6-8 cells and 15t motor. Just a few ideas for ya.

check out my for sale thread for the castle creations sidewinder ESC...good ESC and pretty cheap if u ask me... :)

I got a Duratrax Streak in the lot of RC stuff I scored last week, and from what I'm reading it can handle down to a 12T motor (I think the lower the number the better/faster? lol). It's brand new for $34 from Tower...so that's pretty cheap. DT has an Intellispeed ESC for $22 as well, and I may just go with that one. I just want to complete the cars to sell them locally or let friends beat the crap out of when they come over....so I can save the good cars for me. lol

If you're gonna go slow, then a Dynamite Tazer 15T ESC would be great. You can find them for $30 on eBay. For a slow motor, maybe a 27T or a 30T?

Back