Decent brushless truggy...... want your thoughts!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willyb85

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm in the market for a brushless truggy but can't seem to decide what to look at first. I definitely want to go brushless and I'm looking at spending a $1000 bucks. I have looked at a few losi truggys on ebay but they are mostly nitro and the ofna hyper something. What other brands are there. Thinking about racing so would like something sturdy and stable. I currently have a hpi savy xl with a lrp.30 in it for a bit of bashing fun. Please let me know your thoughts thanks.

Just looked through a few of the kits dont seam to be much different what would be the main things to look for diffs obviously shocks would be another factor. And this will also be my first kit build so i really want something that i am capable of doing myself if you know what i mean!

10 or 8 scale

I'm going the 1/8th losi 3.0 brushless kit
Going to put a hobby wing comp brushless kit 150a esc savox 25kg servo Spektrum radio and rx set just not sure on what battery to get

I have the ofna sste with a hobby wing 100 amp esc and am running the neu/castle 2650 kv and 5ooo mah 25c 2s × 2 for 4s and this thing is a monster.oh..my point.my packs are onyx and I'm very impressed with them also

I have the ofna sste with a hobby wing 100 amp esc and am running the neu/castle 2650 kv and 5ooo mah 25c 2s × 2 for 4s and this thing is a monster.oh..my point.my packs are onyx and I'm very impressed with them also

How do you use 2 pack sorry but I'm pretty noob with lipos. I have read plenty about people using 2 but i havnt seen how they do it!!

Yes i use two 7.4 volt 2s batterys connected in series to deliver 14.8 volts to my esc ..but yes its two different packs .but you can run 1 4s pack depends on if your saddeling them or you have the one battery tray.

Yeah the losi has a single battery tray so i think il try and go with just the one pack that will be enough for about 15 20 minutes byt nit sure what to go with that all

Your mah (milliamphour) rating and how efficient your electronics are will determin how long your run times are...along with other things.

So if i get say a 5000mah pack what about the c rating should i go for a 60c or a 40c or is that just the amount of cell per pack?

Your c rating is your constant amp's.your s rating is your cell number,they use an s for some reason so a 2s pack is 2 cells and the higher your c rating is the more amp load your pack produces.so higher the c rating the hotter your pack is also the higher your mah rating is the longer it will run.so if your running a 5000 mah 4s with a 40 c rating your gunna be boogyin.just make sure your esc and motor can take it.

So if i get a lipo with what you have said here i should be fine correct. The hobbywing esc is 150amp so i should be fine!

2200kv should be fun from what iv seen

Very...if your car is around 10 pounds u can run a higher kv say 2650 that will limit u to 4s but its just about perfect especially if you run a hot pack!have fun with what ever you get learning the hobby is just as fun as running your model

Very...if your car is around 10 pounds u can run a higher kv say 2650 that will limit u to 4s but its just about perfect especially if you run a hot pack!have fun with what ever you get learning the hobby is just as fun as running your model

Thanks for you help you have been very informative.

Back