Dead Rage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggington

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was driving my XTM Rage out in the back garden when I floored it as I came out of a bend and it just stopped dead. No motor or steering. :angry:

I've tried changing the battery and I've checked the power switch twice - nothing. I'm starting to think it's either the reciever that's done it or the ESC.

It's completely stock besides some custom lights (on a seperate circuit) and a metal steering servo.

Has anyone had this or heard of a problem like this?

Buggington

PS The antenna is looking a bit worn (some copper wire showing) and the motor felt very hot to say it was running for only 30mins. :\

Last edited:
Was the ground wet? if it was, that will most likely be your problem. It would have gotten your electrics soaked, which means you may either need to buy new electrics or leave it for a day or two, to dry out. Thats worked with me before.

If not, it could be the cable, but on mine the cable is worn and it still works fine. The ESC will probably be fine, I've never had any trouble with mine, and i drive mine like a nutter :D

You are a nutter.

I think the ground was quite dry - I'll check it though.

Cable for what?

Buggington

PS If anyone else has any ideas please tell me! I'm still desperate.

Back