Damn.. Bent Chssis On Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevoRevo

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok so some of you may have read my recent thread about me finally gettin a great tune then 2min later smashing right into a pole.. Its was like i forgot that a Revo can steer and/or brake..

well after writing a list of damage i had done someone (sorry i 4get who now, wld have to check) wrote that i may have bent my chassis..

I have :(

I've bent (comparing with my other two chassis) where it sticks out where the engine sits and the other sticky out bit(nice choice of words) where the steering servo is, right where the servo guard screws on..?

Is this bad..? from what i can tell the whole chassis dosent look buckled just the two bit i described.. it was a side hit..it hit the front wheel then spun around smashing the side..

Is it worth the hassle of rebuilding the revo onto one of my other chassis or just try to bend it back as much as i can and keep havin fun..?

How bad is it to have a bent chassis..?

Or is this one of those
"how long is a peice of string" questions

How bad is it??

I personally...would straighten it out as close as possible and run it!!!:D

Thats wot I'm thinkin.. to much of a hassle to rebuild

any other opinions..??

If the pan bent where the engine sits, I'd be apprehensive. If it's changed the engine alignment at all, it could screw with the alignment of the engine to slipper clutch...also take a real good look at your engine/engine mounts to make sure nothing cracked. My brain's kinda fuzzy so sorry if this didn't make total sense!

I'd say it depends upon where the bends are, how badly it's tweaked, and how good I felt about my hammering and bending skills (how straight you think you can get it).
I have a small anvil and use it regularly and it's not easy to undo some bends.

I'd be wary of the bend under the engine - you don't want a tweaked alignment between the clutch bell and spur gear.
If the alignment is bad, those parts can end up eating into each another.
I'd expect to be tearing it down to repair it - so if you're going to do that, I'd probably buy another.

I saw this on eBay - about twenty bucks delivered...
http://cgi.ebay.com/REVO-3-3-CHASSI...0260746958?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories

Thank guys...
The Chassis you gave the link to is US shipping only
I live in Australia.. bummer
I think i will rebuild

sounds like a good idea. Bent aluminium put back in its place will bend again, only easier. Then you might damage more parts in addition to having to buy a new chassis anyway.

depends on the severity of the initial bend really. If it's a kink, throw it a way. If it's a light curve, I'd run it.