CVEC pipe on savage?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funwheels1

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
CVEC dual exhaust ANy good? I'm really looking into buying one.

Also, I'm interested in getting a temp guage that i can attach to the car itself. Do you know of ANY good accurate ones for the money?

Last edited:
Venom makes a nice temp guage that you can mount to your truck, but there are a number of them out there.

As for the CVEC exhaust, you'll get mixed reviews on this site. I have not heard of anyone running one on the Savage or a .21 engine for that matter, but I know they make one. Hopefully someone else will chime in on that issue.

The onboard temp gauges arent very good. Go to either Sears or Radio shack and buy a infared thermometer. There 50.00 I just bought one and is pretty accurate.

well my good friend hAS A cvec dual on his .21 powered buggy. I love its performance and quiet noise so please someone help

Dont know about the exhaust....

I have the Venom on board (x2), the Radio Shack infared and the Craftsmen Infared (my favorite) and they all work good for me. All within a couple degrees of eachother too. The craftsmen though is my choice.

Anyone know the site where i would get the venom?

thx ALl for help, now, anyone know anything about that CVEC PIPE?

funwheels1-
1. do a search on this site for cvec pipe. I think, like Sky said, you will find very mixed reviews for that pipe across the board. There was one guy(Retread316) who loved them, but he also liked the cirrus servo.
2. do a search for savage pipe, and you will probably find lots of info for alternatives to the cvec if you decide to go in adifferent direction.

I own a maxx, and was thinking about cvec based on a review that retread did on his site maxxskunkworks.com, but decided not to go that direction after reading more about them and guys opinions on them here.

ok i hAVE decided to skip on the pipe AND go for the Savage 21 motor saver airfilter and the venom onboard temp guage. is there any place i can buy BOTH online. HELLP

i wAS Thinking ebay but being I'm buying them brand new, ebAy is more of a hASSSLE thAN A store

Back