CVEC or 3 Speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAD-MAXX

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I Can Get The CVEC Or The HPI 3 Speed. Which Is Better Performance Or More Important? Ill Eventually Get Both But Just For Right Now I Can Only Get One...Which One Should i Get?

I Know Exausts Effect Tune Settings But With The CVEC Will I Have To Tune It All The Time Like A Collari Engine? Is It Weather Sensitive If Pipes Are?
Or Do Pipes Just Effect The First Tune Setting???.....

Thanks
MARK

I didnt like my cvec pipe. It was just too quiet. And I dont know if it was just my pipe, but nitro would get in between the threads on the pipe and the thing would smoke. I have a ths pipe now and its awesome Alot more torque than the cvec. To your question of tuning it will only effect the tuning right after putting it on. When you drill the hole for the pressure fitting make sure that you tighten each section of the pipe to prevent leaks. sorry about the long post

The CVEC pipe was the first ever hopup I got for a nitro. All I have to say is it was the source of many hours of frustration due to inconsistent tuning issues. I keep it hanging on my wall just to remind me to K.I.S.S.

Sheesh, seems like people have indifferent thoughts on the pipe..... Nothing but love for mine. And ya its quiet, i like it that way... My trucks a sleeper

Did you guys have the new style or the older? I believe I have the older model.

And one more thing, picking a pipe is like picking out a pair of shoes, everyone likes different options! :smoke:

Last edited:
How many times have you seen a CVEC pipe listed as being on an rc that has been in an A,B,C, or even a D main in a National or International race in the last 10 years?

Hmmm. Must be a great pipe!?!?

I look at this pipe just as I see these fancy fishing lours with flashlights and battery operated wagging tails. They look good, good enough to catch the fisherman or someone that can't fish and is looking to compensate with their wallet rather then good old fashion knowledge on how to do things right.

JMHO

savage25rocks said:
I didnt like my cvec pipe. It was just too quiet. And I dont know if it was just my pipe, but nitro would get in between the threads on the pipe and the thing would smoke. I have a ths pipe now and its awesome Alot more torque than the cvec. To your question of tuning it will only effect the tuning right after putting it on. When you drill the hole for the pressure fitting make sure that you tighten each section of the pipe to prevent leaks. sorry about the long post
Same Here I Dont Like Queit Pipes. What Pipe Do you Have Right Now (I have a ths pipe now and its awesome Alot more torque than the cvec.). Thats What I Want!!!

:wtf:

The guy simply asked for opinions. CVEC is just one of the 15-20 pipes I have in my collection....

Last edited:
1 Bad STi said:
:wtf:

The guy simply asked for opinions. CVEC is just one of the 15-20 pipes I have in my collection....
4 real Whats the best one/ the One You Like Most..?

All pipes have different power curves to them. It depends on what I'm after as to what pipe I like the best. Its like asking what food do you like the best.

thats true fasteddy. i think I'm getting the ribbed... when i get some money

THS is a really nice savage pipe.

PiErow said:
THS is a really nice savage pipe.

too bad it costs soo much, any places have the THS for cheap?

Thats where i buy all my hop ups . $65 for the pipe and its worth it.

whats the difference between the two THS pipes???