Custom Body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Does anybody know where I can get a custom body for my Team Associated RC10GT2. Most money i can spend on it is $50.
Thank You

Last edited:
I have seen some hpi bodies in that price range maybe a couple bucks more shop some of the hobby shop web sites.

Have you ever thought about painting your own? It's not as difficult as you think. There are also a lot of people here that can answer any questions that you might have and there are a lot of good pictures of lids to give you some ideas.

Rattle cans are an easy way to get started painting. You can some great results that you can be proud of.

Do your own its way funner, slowngreen sells some cool paint masks too

Like HAMZ said rattle cans are fine. Search R/C decal sheets on ebay. There are 100's of different decal styles. You spray the inside of the body shell with the color you want to see, then, I like to back the inside paint with "Indy Silver" Pactra RC 262. This looks cool, and makes your new paint job bombproof. Peel off the outside clear film, and put on the decals. Two cans of paint will set you back about $10.00, $5.00-$8.00 for decals. The "Indy Silver" will be good for aprox. 12 backed bodies. Do it and show us pictures. I'll do one tomorrow and post pix on this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a few bodies today, tomorrow I start.[/I]

Like HAMZ said rattle cans are fine. Search R/C decal sheets on ebay. There are 100's of different decal styles. You spray the inside of the body shell with the color you want to see, then, I like to back the inside paint with "Indy Silver" Pactra RC 262. This looks cool, and makes your new paint job bombproof. Peel off the outside clear film, and put on the decals. Two cans of paint will set you back about $10.00, $5.00-$8.00 for decals. The "Indy Silver" will be good for aprox. 12 backed bodies. Do it and show us pictures. I'll do one tomorrow and post pix on this thread.

slowngreen makes wicked decal sheets

Do you mean decal sheets, or body paint masks? This fellow is asking for an easy paint job. Mine will be ready in a few hours.

OK, you can have black This cost me a body, 1/4 can of green, and "Indy Silver", a 1/4 sheet of Slixx decals, and 30 minutes

Last edited:
Send me your email addy if you would like to see a few more pictures of this Mazda 6 body.

One suggestion is to cut the body out and drill the body mounts before you paint it. It's a lot easier to do when the body is still clear.

I agree with you Hamz...not only is it easier, but cutting and drilling once it is painted you run the risk of flaking and pealing a lot more than if it was trimmed beforehand.

Thanks Rolex

Again, thanks, RolexI'd say this body is ready to race. I have aprox. $30.00 into it

Attachments

• Picture 244.jpg
    Picture 244.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 249.jpg
    Picture 249.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 116
  • Picture 248.jpg
    Picture 248.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 123
It's a thanks to Rolex for being even headed, over last weekend. No, I'm not giving him that watch, just using the word Rolex, and thanks

Why not? Doesn't everybody wish they could hang out all day not wearing pants?

Back