crazy exhaust idea

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub c

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm currently running with a dynamite 053 behind a red dot. I'm happy with the performance/ unhappy with the fit. So heres my question, does anyone know if a THS manifold be made to fit a Dynamite pipe?

I'm currently running with a dynamite 053 behind a red dot. I'm happy with the performance/ unhappy with the fit. So heres my question, does anyone know if a THS manifold be made to fit a Dynamite pipe?

I don't see why not.

Do you know the id of the 053 exhaust pipe where the header goes into it?

No I do not. I found online that the THS manifold ID =16.7mm OD=20mm. My visual says its close, but I will have to do a teardown to measure for sure.

I can measure my THS if you need me to

They should be compatible if the ths is a 1/8 scale pipe, any spring connected header I have seen can be used with any pipe that is spring connected as an industry standard.

They should be compatible if the ths is a 1/8 scale pipe, any spring connected header I have seen can be used with any pipe that is spring connected as an industry standard.

I don't think the THS pipe is sold as an 1/8 scale (I maybe wrong) but, the sizes Dub has posted above. Do they sound like 1/8 scale measurements?

If so, I may try another pipe myself. I think a true 1/8 scale would be a little longer than the THS I have now which would give me more of a stock location fitting.

The THS T-Maxx manifold will not fit. It uses a smallblock gasket between the pipe and header. So it would be too small.

The standard 1/8 header has a ID of about 20.4mm after checking three sitting here, I guess that won't work then, sorry about that. The 053 was dynoed to be the second best option for that engine, I wouldn't mess with it if your looking for the most performance from that pipe.

I do appreciate input from everyone. thank you! What pipe was dynoed as number one?

It hasn't been dynoed yet, but the ERCM 221T dominates the 053 :)