Cow RC Aerosols...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCNitro

Fist of Goodness
In Memoriam
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I recently talked with Heath from Cow RC, and agreed to test out and review some of his aerosol products. I recieved a can of MOO-tor Cleaner and Degreaser, Moo-Slick, and Cow Duster.

008-1.jpg

So I decided I would check out the Moo-Slick first. I pulled out my AX-10 based Crawler, and thought it couldn't hurt to hit any pivot points with the MOO-Slick.

002.jpg

First I sprayed the sliders on my axial driveshafts...

005.jpg

Next I hit the balls on the shock and link ends...

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

I was actually quite surprised how it seemed to really free up the suspension. After a good hour of running the crawler the suspension still seemed to feel as free as when I first sprayed everything.

Next up was the MOO-tor Cleaner and Degreaser, and Cow Duster.

The last thing you would want to do is to change this glow plug in the field with all the crud surrounding it.

003.jpg

So I took some of the Degreaser, and using the supplied straw sprayed it inside the head around the glow plug, let it soak in for a minute and then hit it with a blast from the Cow Duster, it took about 90% of the crud right out, so I sprayed it one more time, then hit it again with another blast of air to finish the job. Now which plug would you rather change in the field?

007-1.jpg

I also used it to clean the filth from around the fuel tank lid before opening the tank for refilling, and it did just as good of a job as it did on the head. While I don't feel there would be enough air to clean an entire rig it is great for spot cleaning and smaller cleaning jobs, and feel every tool kit should have these products if only for the two reasons I mentioned. The more dirt you can keep away from the vital internals of the engine the longer you engine will last.

I'm sure the longer I have these products in my kit the more uses I will find for them. And Heath was a great guy to deal with, I would certainly deal with Heath and use Cow RC products again in the future.

I was tempted to buy some to try out but I didnt know if I wanted to buy 3 cans at a time for 21 bucks.....I'm tempted but it seems a little pricey.

As well as it seems to work, it's not pricey. Pricey is spending money on lots of products that just don't quite do what you want them to.

NC, do they carry a deodorant? :D

Well I guess my main gripe is you can't just order 1 can to try it and see for yourself. I would think alot of people would be put off by having to order 3 cans just to try the stuff. I have seen a demo video of it now though on youtube and I have to say it looks like a really good cleaner. I may just chance it and order 3 anyway....everyone seems to back it pretty heavily.

So I ended up spending a few bucks since i won some cow cash and I have to say I think its pretty nice for somethings....degreasing your engine for example but trying to use it like Jang did in his video where he sprays on some Moo-tor cleaner and hits it with an airblast and presto it looks 85% clean? I didnt experience those kind of results. however using a small scrub brush and some cleaner with some blasts of air did allow me to reasonably clean it enough that I didnt have to tear it down.

Next thing I want to do is use regular motor cleaner and see if i can't get the same results for cheaper.

I do like the moo-tor cleaner....I do not beleive however its worth 9 or 10 bucks a can.

Back