Counterfeit glow plugs - OS #8's on several websites.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tudordewolf

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
OS made two press releases last winter about counterfeit glow plugs:

Announcement 1 - pictures of fake packaging
Announcement 2 - #6's are also being counterfeited

Complicating the issue is that vendors will use pictures of the genuine packaging in their listings and ship you fakes, which happened to me.

If it's under $5/plug it's definitely fake, but given how many are sold through ebay, there's no assurance except for buying them from established retailers.

I wound up receiving a half dozen. I'm guessing they're basically HSP #3's or #4's which can be found for $3-4 but burn out in less than half the time. I actually got my money back when I submitted a dispute, since they'd been listed with pictures of the genuine article.

fakes.PNG

Last edited:
I would bet my favorite basher they are fake, look deeper into the reviews.

"Arrived b fast However already burned in test"

The pictures show stickers placed over the OS logo to hide details that give them away as counterfeit.

I purchased this listing, similarly well reviewed, and got fakes. They apparently work, just not for as long, which is why I'm guessing they're re-bodies HSP #3 or #4's.

LiquidRC on eBay has them for $8/pop delivered, and they're reputable, but they sell out fast.