Converting a Slayer 3.3 to a Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmaxxmedic

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Ok guys I'm thinking about converting my Slayer 3.3 into a Revo. I love my Slayer, but I think its too unstable as a short course truck. What all do I have to replace other then tires, axle shafts, A-arms and turn buckles? Also, I believe the Slayer is rated at 50+ mph out of the box. Will the truck still be that fast or will the slight increase in weight slow it down. I'm just looking for some input.

The springs are different, or else you have a slayer that was once a revo.
The output gears inside the trans need to be changed.

The steering linkage turnbuckles also need replaced.

The slayer runs wide ratio gears in the trans. I proffer the standard ratio even though I'm running a BB in my revo (that was once a slayer as well).

I can't speak for the shock springs... I ordered a set of 3.3 platinum springs off ebay (teflon coated body/tini coated shafts) shortly after changing it to a revo.

Instead of spending your money on traxxas revo arms, I highly suggest looking at RPM true-track for the rear and RPM also for the front. A really great combo that is relatively bulletproof.

Back