Converting 2wd Traxxas Slash into Street/Drift

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCBasher13

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have a 1/10th scale 2wd Traxxas Slash and I am trying to convert it into a street/drift and wanted a recommendation on what kind of shocks and shock towers to get?

For shock towers, RPM all the way. You could go aluminum if you want too, but with me with bashing and racing it's RPM plastic, light and flexible. For shocks I use the TRX Big Bores, Traxxas GTRs and ProLine shocks are nice. I don't think you can turn a slash (off-road) into a drift car but we can always try it out.
You have to lower the suspension. What I would do is use some thick shock oil (for the street), lower the suspension with using less or no preload spacers (ride height), use some fuel line in the shocks to limit shock travel. Also adjust shock mounts on the suspension arms to the lowest setting (all the way out near the wheel, or close to it.
Now for steering, you want the maximum you can do. Not sure if they offer any angle kits or anything for the slash.

Hi I have a 1/10th scale 2wd Traxxas Slash and I am trying to convert it into a street/drift and wanted a recommendation on what kind of shocks and shock towers to get?
As @DavidB1126 said, you can get RPM shock towers, but, they are going to be the same height as the stock ones. The best thing to do is put limiters in the stock shocks (fuel line, plastic spacers, O-Rings, whatever you have that will work), and run heavier oil. No one makes an angle kit for Traxxas 2WD for drifting, so you may have to fabricate something there. For some other ideas that may work, look into speed run Slash builds.

Back