considering e revo brushed will lipos increase speed?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TypeONegative

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have a e revo be running 6 s and to fast selling my emaxx brushed for the e revo brushed for a basher, will lipos in it make it faster? Or only longer run times? I liked the speed on my emaxx just want the revo chassis my brushless is to fast so iv decided to go this route, let me know if lipo makes a brushed faster or not if not ill buy a few more nimh packs i got the duel charger from trx

I have a e revo be running 6 s and to fast selling my emaxx brushed for the e revo brushed for a basher, will lipos in it make it faster? Or only longer run times? I liked the speed on my emaxx just want the revo chassis my brushless is to fast so iv decided to go this route, let me know if lipo makes a brushed faster or not if not ill buy a few more nimh packs i got the duel charger from trx

that maybe olds department!...:D

I am thinking that with brushed, you will be limited to the power the motors can handle. I know back in the day, you could fry a motor with too much voltage... The lipos are considerably lighter however so you will gain speed for sure that way. The increase in mah will increase your drive time. 4000 runs longer than 2000 etc... While I am sure this WAS the case, I am NOT positive if there are motors out that will handle big voltage. Big voltage is where you get your speed from batteries.

Why didn't you just change to using 2 2S packs vs 2 3S packs? I think I would have went that route instead of going for a brushed rig. Brushless is less maintenance and more efficient for longer run times.

I run 2 x 2S in my brushless revo. It's plenty fast for what I want to do with 56/18 gearing.

I tend to agree... I think some of the kits out there now are just way overpowered. Sure, fun for a lil bit but blowing up parts every run saddens me. I can't see these rigs being so bulletproof. Plus, I LOVE the nitro!:D

Back