Connectors

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushlessboy

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi guys. One of my go fast projects is a VXL Bandit with a 3.5T Novak system in it.
I have been running an 11.1v 4900mah Flightpower in it with great speed, but I cooked the capacitor. I have a new one, and have recently picked up a MaxAmps 11.1v 8000mah battery.
I am expecting, as I slowly stretch the gearing, to get WILD speed but also alot of heat through the wiring because of the huge power draw.
My question; I am currently running all Deans plugs, which I do on ALL my electric gear, but I'm wondering with this one would I be better off with the ProTek 4mm Gold connectors, which SUPPOSEDLY offer ZERO power loss.
Are these worthwhile? or stick with the faithfull Deans? :surrender

Last edited:
I don't see the ProTek plugs working any better then the Deans Ultra plugs you are already running. If you want the very least amount of resistance the you will need to hard wire every thing and loose your plugs all together...

Motor and capacitor connections are hard wired, was talking about the battery connectors only. You're probably right, the Deans are good and as we all know, 'if it aint broke, dont fix it'

I've never had my Deans melt. That's pretty weird.

I didnt melt the Deans plugs, but I thought apart from me overgearing it by a rediculous amount, the possible loss of voltage through the Deans may have helped heat up the capacitor, which shorted and partly melted to the chassis.

just so you know when I was racing we use to hard wire are batteries, its not very conveniant, but it offers the least amount of resistance, but I think the biggest problem you are having is as you said you are just way over gearing it...

I was running a 76T spur, 26T pinion, and Rustler tyres. (2.8) The Bandit is light but I was asking a bit much.....

Back