Computer Audio Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I seem to have lost the volume icon in the start bar. It was there last night but it's not there today. When I go to Control Panel, Multimedia, Audio, I should be able to click the icon for Play, and choose it there. However, the Play icon is grayed out. I can not find another way to get to it, and so far I haven't even been able to bring up the full audio control panel.
Just to keep things clear, I am getting the windows default sounds, so it's not a problem with the audio, but I noticed the problem when I didn't get the clicks on this sight.
I used the small controller on the start bar last night to mute an annoying sound track on another site, but I don't know why the icon or control is no longer available.
Any help would be appreciated.

I just took your advise and rebooted. It's back, and all the settings are correct.
Boy, do I feel like an idiot. I should have done that 2 hours ago.
Thank you VERY much vbgagnon.

no prob, whenever i have problem the first thing i do is restart.

For Windows XP users go to Start, Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices Properties. There is a checkbox for Place volume icon in the taskbar.

FastEddy said:
If I could only reboot my brain.....

That's what I should have done first.

mcvickj, that's the first place I went, but it was grayed out. That option wasn't available. A simple reboot corrected everything.

A good boot to my brain might have given me the insight to reboot the comp.

FastEddy said:
Rebooting the brain....
Isn't that called a fattie?

Hmmm, not sure about that. If we're thinking about the same kind of fattie, that would remove a substantial blood supply from the main brain. It's the cause of most problems. Men have only enough blood for one head to function at a time.