Compression re O.S. .21VZ-R (P)-T Ver.2 w/20K Slide Carb

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ericke1

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I have the OS engine in my Inferno MP-6 International, it has a boost feature. I am breaking in the engine and have managed to run 4 tanks through it, except I have noticed the engine keeps on locking, i.e the flywheel keeps getting locked and I have to unlock it by moving the wheel with a screwdriver to get it to spin. While a lot of compression is good, one would think that after 4 tanks this would ease up, but I'm still having a very hard time starting the engine because the flywheel locks. My needle settings are fine, rebuilt the clutch (it was engaging prematurely on idle)-is it normal for a new engine to have so much compression? I can start it but one would think the wheel would loosen up the wheel but it isnt.

Any thoughts or suggestions?:buggy1:

That is normal. I had a P5 that stayed locked up for a while. Once you get a few more tanks through it it will start to loosen up. The P5 was so tight I had to loosen the plug and heat it up to at least 150 degrees before I could turn it over with my starter box. The box was an Ofna chrome top too...

I have the same engine; the OS VZ-R 2. I will make a quick recommendation; put a nova head on it as soon as possible. Mine kept overheating and ticking me off.

Now, as for the tightness, it will loosen considerably once it gets past the first quart or so. Mine still has pinch, but doesn't get stuck. I've probably got 25-30 tanks on it.

Yes it is normal just make sure when it happens and you decide not to run it anymore make sure the piston is not TDC.

Same here, nothing to worry about. I have a new OS .21 tuned still running in and still sticks. Have done about 15 - 20 tanks. All normal.

Back