compression question

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicholas655

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok so on my os 18tm i have a hard time turn the engine without the plug in , when i get to tdc i can't turn it by hand , is this normali would say it sticks almost and take my pullstart to make it go back down

My suggestion with a tight engine like that, put in some After run oil. Then heat it up before you start it (heat will expand the cylinder, making it easier to turn over). It will get a little looser after you break it in, but if you take care of it, it should last a long time.

Also, get the piston just at the top of the down stroke, then pull the cord. That way you have some inertia to get it over the hump. You can also try to loosen the GP 1/4 turn to release some of the compression. Then tighten it back up when it starts.

that is just a os eng. it is really all the os after about 5 tanks it will go away

if it is really a bother just hook a drill up to the shaft and SLOWLY turn the engine over besure that you put plenty of after run oil in the glow plug hole turn it over for about 3 minutes it should ease some of the pinch

Last edited: