Comparison between two Nitros

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While i agree with your statement but to a degree , half of the shop around my neck of the woods sell nothing but Chinese crap and still don't know jack about the product they sell.
The problem with buying something online for a first nitro is the fact your lhs will be reluctant to help for the simple fact you didn't buy the car from them and let's face facts when you're a newbie you need all the help you can get, I've been there I can tell you.
to give you an example , a few years ago a family member want to get into monster trucks I gave him all the advice I could give and even told him to see my guy at the Lhs to help him further
He decided that it was more cost effective to buy online and ended up with some kind of lst knock off that cost him over 700 bucks landed , after the first tank It stopped and refused to start again so I told him to take it somewhere coz I was stumped the Lhs couldn't help because it wasn't there product and it needed a new fuel tank and the tranny so it basically became I paper weight.
After that he bought an e revo from the shop and never had a problem again except poor throttle control lol

Buying online doesn't necessarily mean that your LHS will not help you to an extent. My LHS caters to me as if I'm the shop owner even though I bought my Savage online. When I had a problem starting my 4.6 when I was new, the shop attendant just told me to bring my truck in. After I bought a new glow plug from them, he spent a good 5 minutes trying to start the truck and adjust the needles until it started and tuned it a little bit until the idle stablized. He then gave me a quick crash course on what to do if I still had a problem starting the truck.

Then 1 time when my engine seized, the other shop attendant just told me to bring my engine in. He opened up the engine right there after letting it heat up and showed me the cranking pin that got stuck between the piston and sleeve. The sleeve and piston was basically trashed. But was surprised me was that he did not ask for any $$$ charge for that little 20 minutes of labor.

I now buy from them every now and then since their prices are comparable to online prices. Their Savage X is even the same price as online prices.

So my advice for the OP is just to get a reliable and truly tested RC that you can work with, durable, reliable, has lots of support, and has many aftermarket options.

Last edited:
Back