Cold causing glitching?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olds97_lss

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm sorry if this is a re-post.

Have any of you encountered glitching more when it's below 40 outside?

I just took my maxx out last week when it was 48 and had zero problems. Took it out today (temp was 34-38) with no modifications from the previous week and it glitches like mad. My throttle servo can't find home half the time and it twitches broadly. By this I mean it goes from idle to half wide open, then back to idle.

I had run into this a while back and thought it was something I did with the antenna. Now it's doing it again and nothing has changed other than the temp outside. It cost me a gas tank today.

I've changed the crystals, reciever, transmitter and both servos. I also tried a fresh bat pack. No luck, still glitches.

Here's what I'm currently running:

JR Xr2i Transmitter
Jr 124 receiver
Hitech 645MG steering
Hitech 625MG throttle/brake

Thanks guys.

i never experienced glitching because of cold and this winter i was running my maxx when it was 0-5 deg F are you running around any high powered power lines or radio towers

Yeah, I saw that one. I might try it this week sometime. I think I'll also take the receiver apart and check for nicks in the antenna.

Not beyond the realm of possibility, but also something that I have never heard of before. I will tell you this about cold dry air, it conducts electricity and allows for static build up more readily. Based on that alone, I would say that you are experiencing one of Mother Nature's own.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
I would say that you are experiencing one of Mother Nature's own.

Lousy byatch!

- bomber