Cleaning?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NITROHIGH

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I always clean my truck after a run and I was jw what you guys use on your trucks to clean.

I use simple green on the a arms and under side and nitro cleaner on the rest but the nitro cleaner gets expensive! Any new tricks would be helpful!

Lots of threads already with this topic, but I always used nitro and q tips on my cars and it worked well for me

Take an air compressor and blow it all off. it works good for me

+1 on the air. I usually just clean the easy areas, but I always make sure the engine is clean. A blast of cleaner up into the glow plug area and around the fuel cap is about all the spray I use. My trucks get taken apart on a regular basis for a more thorough cleaning.

Try using brake clean. You can find it at any auto parts store and it's cheap and works great.

Try using brake clean. You can find it at any auto parts store and it's cheap and works great.

Just be careful with brake cleaner and carb cleaners, they can weaken plastic....especially the servos! Even the non-chlorinated stuff can discolor plastic.

+1 on using an air compressor. It's not a clean all but it is a big step in the right direction.

air compressor for first round of blowing off the big dry stuff and water for most of the rest I have a sink in my workshop that is deaper then most so it works out great.

I use the air compressor to blow it off after each run. Then I tear it down and clean it in the laundry room bucket sink with soap and water every couple of months.

Cleaning a Tmaxx

I use an aerosal cleaner meant for HVAC work. It foams up and after a minute or two you can blow it off with an air compressor or a spray bottle of water. Melts mud off and really cleans the motor. Just watch where you spray the water.

Is it ok to use simple green and water on the board but keep it off the engine? I have water proof servos.

Remove the reciever and keep away from the air filter and you should be just fine. Apply WD-40 to prevent rust.

to straiten any confusion the 4908 is last years model with the fm reciever,tx, and 4907 is the new model with the 2.4 reciever,tx. everything else is all the same....

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok thanks I gave it a nice wd40 bath and some water and it looks like new thanks guys

Back