Check out this Maxx body!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sort of a knock off of a Unimog. I think it would look a lot better on a crawler than a monster truck. Nicely done though.

Rolex your right it dose look like a Unimog. Just for some reason I like it I think it would look cool with a nice set of monster truck rims and tires sticking out from under it. But my question is where do you put the mounts for the front. Looks like I could just change my mounts I have now for the Bushwacker body from that back to the front.

Dang! It's a real one.

In the pic of the lid, you can see some real tall body posts, but I think they decided NOT to mount them through the roof just to make it look good.

3286.jpg

Why are our military vehicles so cool and all the European ones are fugly?
It might help to give it a nice outside flat coat. The real one looks a little better. This one looks like it should be mounted backwards.

Ya thats what I was thinking with a set of flat painted rims or something. How dose that paint sitck if its painted on the outside of the body?

Just as well, but you have to remember to mask your windows on both sides. (don't forget to remove the plastic film first) You'll also have to paint both sides. If you roll and scratch the outside paint you'll still have the same color backing it from the inside. If you don't do that, you'll get clear spots.
You might also want to paint the inside brown so it looks like rust every time the outside gets a scratch.

Krylon ultra flat adheres very well to a lexan body and does not flake off. It is the ONLY non rc specific paint I would recommend. I have used it many times with great success. The Krylon Olive Drab camo paint is the same as ultra flat, you can get it at wal mart in the hunting and outdoor section.

Unbelievable. I've already gone through 5 little cans from the hobby shop to paint the Humm-Vee. What a waste. I'll definitely be going to Wally world when I hit Sam's club on Saturday.

You might also want to paint the inside brown so it looks like rust every time the outside gets a scratch.

Sweet idea Rolex, may just have to steal that for the crawler body. If I ever get around to doing a body for it LOL.

Krylon ultra flat adheres very well to a lexan body and does not flake off.

Nice, I take it from that statement that it only comes in flat / matte colors?

I've been on five minutes and I've learned two new things. \M/

Nope, and fusion won't work either, even though it's made for plastic. It too will chip off a lexan body. For a hard body like your hummer Krylon would be fiine, but only ultra flats for lexan..

Back