Cheapy radar gun

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen that Hot Wheels radar gun before too, and I also immediately thought of RC use. I just wonder how accurate it really is. But for $20 it might be worth checking it out.

i saw it as well, and that was my first thought!!! i think were sick.... lol

yea for 20$ it could be usefull, walmart DOES have the best return policy EVER!! lol they will exchange just about anything!

There was some discussions on truggyracers about this one and a similar gun. People said they were somewhat decent but you had to be level with what you were shooting. Someone said they put it at the end of the straightaway.

Thats sweet i wonder where thats at in the toy department or what. I'm so looking into one next time I'm there.

Id figure that if it can get the speed of something as small as a hot wheels car it must be fairly easy to get something bigger like a Rc car.. Pretty cool though.. If it worked good Id like to pick one up for baseball as well.

I'm so going to Walmart and going to try to pick one up. WAIT. ahhhh its the day before thanksgiving and everyone and there mother is going to be there. maybe ill wait till sunday or something.

Got one...in the toy department.......the feedback is corect you have to have it level and steady on the same plane as the car, boat whatever.

My revo was faster I swear before I started taking readings. ;)

When the weather breaks i will build a stand for it so it is always stable as my wife and kids are all over the place with it while I drive the truck at them at 40 plus miles an hour.......they have all seen me drive...... and usualy they are poised to make a quick jump out of the way if I loose control....

So yea these are fun.....

TalonOne

yea i have one of them.....got it from wallmart and it is about 3mph off.....checked it against the police depts radar gun....but for 20$ can't beat it....

is it high or low, if the toy one is low compared to the police one, maybe they just have theirs set high so that they can stop more people :)

greenwing7 said:
is it high or low, if the toy one is low compared to the police one, maybe they just have theirs set high so that they can stop more people :)

Ain't that the truth!! I think they got those things rigged!

its 3mph under what the police radar showed but close enough......good investment for rc drag racing or help in improving lap times.....

Back