cheap stampede stretch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergoff

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i was browsing on traxxas forum and found a cheap chassis stretch mod. we will see how strong it is. the third hole from the back drill all the way through and move the rear brace to it. cut a rear body mount tabs off and bolt it to the rear of the chassis. then screw it to the shock tower mount and install the rear skid and done. i spun the rear body mount around and installed it backwards so i can run the stock body for now. it looks kind of dumb because i shortened the front posts to lower the body. not to tough to do only took 20 min. i will hopefully run it tomorrow. but it snowing so traction will be an issue. :D

Attachments

• IMAG0240.jpg
    IMAG0240.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 108
  • IMAG0243.jpg
    IMAG0243.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
thanks. we had 7 inches of snow. i cleared off the driveway and then the snow plow went by and left me a nice ramp and the end of the driveway. it jumps so much better. it was a first i didn't land on the lid once. ;) when they are stretched they seem more forgiving in the air and easy to correct. since it was so wet i couldn't get a wheelie i need so better tires. talons suck in snow. i didn't have a single issue and ran 2 packs. and i heading back out in a few.

Attachments

• IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 90
Thanks bergoff. This will be a cool little project. The price is right, too.

Never thought I'd have a use for an old pede body mount that's been following me around for 10-15 years.:)

after you stretch it attach the rear body mount on the other side of the shock tower so you dont have to redrill the post holes.

Back