Cheap $5 Failsafe

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is prolly a dumb question but how would you hook them up on something that didnt come from the factory with one?

You just hook up the male plug up to the receiver then you hook up the servo up to the other end

this is prolly a dumb question but how would you hook them up on something that didnt come from the factory with one?

You just hook up the male plug up to the receiver then you hook up the servo up to the other end

Been seeing a lot of members linking to this product of late. JMHO but I wouldn't trust my $600 rig to a $5 part...

Been seeing a lot of members linking to this product of late. JMHO but I wouldn't trust my $600 rig to a $5 part...
I got one tested it out and it works well, I will make a vid if you want lol

I have to agree with RCA on this one. Buy a decent quality failsafe or you will be sorry. I wouldn't trust any of rigs to a cheap off-brand part. To me, it's like running a Ferrari Enzo on cheap pump gas: it will cost more in the long run to repair the damage caused by the cheap stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes you can. And you really should. Cheap insurance!

Ok. I can turn off my transmitter without a fail-safe and it will do as your video does. Wanna really test it? Hit your throttle full THEN turn off the transmitter WITHOUT letting off the throttle. If the servo returns to full-off then it works. For now your just showing us that the LED's work.

Also, the fail-safe has nothing to do with the steering servo...

You bet! I am not trying to disuade anyone from having their own likes and dis-likes. Just trying to offer a bit of friendly advice and perhaps save you a buck or two down the road.

Here you go smart one

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I AM smart. Nice to see it works! Now take your underlined attitude somewhere else. I was mearly pointing out that your video DID NOT show a fail-safe working.

Yes, I AM smart. Nice to see it works! Now take your underlined attitude somewhere else. I was mearly pointing out that your video DID NOT show a fail-safe working.

Ok lol well in the video it did but ok thats fine with me

Ok lol well in the video it did but ok thats fine with me

Your FIRST video. I am done. Have a great evening!

And I stand corrected: That $5 part works wonderfully! Everyone should STILL buy what they feel comfortable with. As I stated earlier: "I AM NOT TRYING TO DISUADE ANYONE"! I just wouldn't trust my rig with it.

Nothing to see here. Move along...

Last edited: