Chasing the Nitro boat...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a lot of fun! I really miss my boat(s) and spending time at the lake. I could Def justify the investment if I was still spending time there now. I want to see the hydroplane run!!!

Dang that shockwave is really getting it!

That boat can move and it really takes a beating and keeps on going.
The Hydros are getting ready for their turn. I have been rebuilding a couple of them with new struts, flex shafts and props.
Pro Boat didn't do them justice and the designs were a bit flawed but I'm expecting the new mods to make them much stronger and more reliable like the shockwave.
They can't jump wakes or any thing but we've got some cool stuff coming soon for them.
I'll post up the pictures of how I changed the strut and prop setup to make them more durable. Glad you liked the video cause we had a blast making it.

Wow she's a runner! How fast would you guess you were going?

Looks like you got her moving pretty good there! Seems like the new set up is a success from what I can see on my mobile!

The plane is good ,but it sounds like it struggles! can't quite put a finger on it ,maybe in the torq transfer.
Maybe in clutch set up!...:cool:

Well yah, the next upgrade should Def be a 1:1 250 horse black max outboard... Totally worked over so it's pushing more like 375hp!

The issue is the prop being further back than the rudder. When it turns the rudder pushes the water in front of the prop at an angle so she slows down in the turn, once the rudder is straight again she pops outta the water and hauls ass.
The boats don't have a clutch...
Before the new strut the rudder and prop were directly next to each other, so while turning the wash out from the rudder was behind the prop and now it's pushing it in front of the prop.
I'm working on a plan to extend the rudder or move it over.
Also this boat has a thunder tiger .18 that has not impressed me compared to the dynamite .18.
I'm going to race it first though. Then I'll work on the rudder.

image.png
It'll take a bit to come from China but this is what need to fix the problem.
It's gonna line the rudder back up with the prop