changing nitro RC engine

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

ako_chumbura

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi all. i bought the nitro RC car tamiya TGS with engine FS12SS. the car will deliver to me in 7-10 days :) i read that this engine is slower engine and i worry about it :( i need to change the engine. but i think my car will faster than stock because it has changed gear set
this is my car tamiya tgs

and i need to swap in this engine but i dont know what engine is it this is my friends RC wich is bad condition but engine is good. i dont know the engines brand cause my friend has it in village and if i can to take this engine in my tgs i will take it.

8e4bb0787336.jpg

what can you say about it?> if you know what engine is it .,,,,,,,,,,

rcnut143

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
kinda looks like an O.S.

tmaxxmedic

RCNT Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
This engine is a Sayne . 15... The car is a VH-A6. I have the same car with the exception I have a . 18 engine which has a purple head on it..

mrbones

RCNT Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
1/10 cars are sold with the gearing set up to run on a race track. If you want fast you need to go up on the 2nd gear pinion (on the clutch bell) a couple of teeth.

SchrodeMode

Hardcore RCNT User
Active Military
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
1/10 cars are sold with the gearing set up to run on a race track. If you want fast you need to go up on the 2nd gear pinion (on the clutch bell) a couple of teeth.

Threads from '09, the OP hasn't been on since then either.