Changed fuel won't idle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxxRunner

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I just changed to Byron fuel. It made my temp go down 20 degrees and seems to have more power. but at idle it kills after about 5-10sec. Tried rich and leaner hsn what next? really like the performance and cooler running temps.
Maxx runner

Well, usually when you switch brands, you will have to retune slightly. Lean out your LSN 1/8 of a turn. Don't just increase the idle, that should be done after the LSN is retuned slightly.

If you can't get it to run go back to what you where using. I couldnt get my Maxx to run right for anything with Trinity Monster horsepower and switched to Top Fuel and was able to tune it in easily and it had way more power.

Some engines can be tuned to run on any fuel. Others are picky. Traxxas engines have a definate preference to Traxxas fuel. I also learned that the hard way. 2.5s that I tuned for guys ran better than mine. While trying to figure out why, it turned out that the only difference was the fuel. I'd been running Blue Thunder. Someone gave me 2 tanks of Top Fuel, I tweaked it a little, and now it's all I run.

I forgot to mention i am running a Picco .21

Back