Carnage

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bifft it

RCTalk Addict
Military Veteran
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Got to do a test run on a savage today.lotsa standing water and snow in the yard. Plenty of mud. I like the handling of the dual shocks on each corner and that the truck isnt squishy. Need to loosen brakes up some, though
Brake-tumble broke stuff.
Would i be better changing the plastic losi shock tops to metal?

Attachments

• IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1572.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_1573.JPG
    IMG_1573.JPG
    328.2 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Got to do a test run on a savage today.lotsa standing water and snow in the yard. Plenty of mud. I like the handling of the dual shocks on each corner and that the truck isnt squishy. Need to loosen brakes up some, though
Brake-tumble broke stuff.
Would i be better changing the plastic losi shock tops to metal?
I've only broken one shock cap one my LST and I beat it pretty good. If you've got the coin, sure but I don't think it's a must. I have a feeling yours was due to the cold, metal would just move it down the line...shock tower or body may be what breaks instead. The cold just makes it harder on plastic parts.

I actually suspect that the shocks sit too far away from the upright and out of the safety zone of the bodymount.
gonna try fabing my own losi upper shock mounts in the next couple days

You could notch the mounting screws if that doesn't work. Basically create a shear pin. Sacrificial screw beats replacing or repairing the shocks all the time. I'm sure there will be some trial and error to get it right, so the screws aren't breaking all the time.

You could notch the mounting screws if that doesn't work. Basically create a shear pin. Sacrificial screw beats replacing or repairing the shocks all the time. I'm sure there will be some trial and error to get it right, so the screws aren't breaking all the time.
thats an awesome idea. i do think they ned to be closer to the upright. i didnt really think about that when i installed them.

The trick being, getting the screw to that point where they will take landing impacts without snapping, but giving when you take a NASTY roll. It can be done tho!

Back