carb cleaning

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Suicide

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
is it okay to just soak my TRX 2.5 carb in Denatured Alcohol

Should be, as long as you wash it out good with nitro.
Its not bad for the carb but you probly dont want too much residue getting into your engine, so regardless what you use, wash it with nitro.

Its okay to clean it with that but i wouldnt soak it for more than an hour because the carb is made out of a composite material and may become brittle. I usually just clean my carb if need be with fresh fuel because that eats up the residue with out harming the carb body.

Why not use soap and water????? I have many times and it doesn't hurt it at all. Still works perfectly.

i was going to soak it for like 30 min then put DA or clean nitro in the gas tank and blow through to clean out the needles.

i dont wanna make another thread, but how hard is it to rip apart a hpi firestorm carb?

Couldn't say for certain, but any of these carbs are fairly simple to take apart. Usually for either rotary or slide carbs, taking the idle screw out will let the throttle body come out of the carb. Then it's a matter of taking the needles out and the HSN banjo fitting off.