Car suggestions (i need/want a car!!!)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kswiencki

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So, tax time is coming up...................:D:D:D:D

so i was thinking to the wife... well, ok, just thinking.. she don't care too much for my collection of "stinky nasty dirty trucks" lol

I need a car.. Gas or electric, don't care. I was looking into the whole drift thing, but never driven a car and don't think that would be the way to go (unless some one tells me otherwise)? Was looking at the 4tec from Traxxas. any reviews? and one own this car? help me!!!! I've got a little bit of time to play around, so I'm playing with a few ideas!!! HELP

I may be biased since I own one but you can't go wrong with HPI on-road cars, nitro or electric. They're built like tanks, are simple to work on, and quite customizable for touring/drift/whatever. Plus a metric ton of hop-ups & parts available everywhere.

Were you looking for something to speed up and down the street, or something to drift around? If so, I am a guru for drifting.

For speed, like said, you can't go wrong with an HPI. Although I haven't had an HPI on-road, the Savages are built strong and durable. If you have a some wad of cash to spend, you may want to look to something forward like a Mugen Seiki. I owned a Mugen Seiki MTX-3 and it was crazy fast. For electric, you can start out with something like an HPI sprint or E10. For racing you may want to steer forward to a Pro4 Hara Edition.

Now for drifting, it's a bit different. You will need a car that is very adjustable. Electric is recommended for this. A car you can start out with is a TT01. You can probably find a used one at a superb price. Now for something more super, you can get a Yokomo. Yokomo's are very good at drifting. Yokomo also sells upgrade kits for your chassis. For example, upgrade kit 1 may include adjustable springs, one-ways, or something else. Stage may include a CF chassis. You can also drift a Nitro like an Traxxas 4Tec.

Hopefully that helps out.

Last edited:
god i'm starting to hate cordless keyboard/mice combos with a 3 year old running around.....

I'm mostly going to be running around parking lots.. maybe drifting???
i was just at the HPI site and some of the RTR nitro drifts looked pretty cool.... all the HPI's durable? hows their engines? radios?

I would go with the HPI rs4 3 evo+. Its nitro. Its a great car. I have the two speed not the drift version which is single speed and it drifts great and has good top speed. Also, it is shaft drive wich i like way more than the bands on the 4-tec. Those bands are a pain to deal with. This HPI does like 55mph ish and is fast. The 4-tec is faster, but i believe that the HPI is more controlable. You can't really drive these things at 70+. The only thing i'm not real crazy about with the HPI is the roto start, but it aint that big of deal. Other than that a great car.IMO

the rs4 evo nitro could be conveted to drift later down the line if i wanted to go that way? thats the one i'm mostly looking at...

nitro is proboly the way that i'm going... the brushless kit is kinda retarded priced, plus its a kit :(

can't go wrong with an HPI.

I have a Tamiya TT01, id never drifted before. My TT01 came with normal on-road tires which i changed to drift tires.

The TT01 is cheap and there are a lot of hop-ups for it.

sprint 2 flux

I'm kinda in the same spot. is the sprint 2 flux from hpi any good? i kinda want a drift car.

i havent seen a sprint flux yet but i would think its bad ass!!!

yeah, i played around with the idea of a crawler, too.....

Back