Car ID? older 2wd buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's hard to say if that is an RC10 B2, B2 Worlds, or B3 without measuring the arms and/or track width. The B3 was basically the same car with a few difference.
Judging by the rear shocks being in front of the tower, and the shape of the front tower, I’d say this is a B2.

Winning car from 1995. The RC10 before this model wasn’t B anything and had an aluminium pan chassis.

Absolute legend.

Judging by the rear shocks being in front of the tower, and the shape of the front tower, I’d say this is a B2.

Winning car from 1995. The RC10 before this model wasn’t B anything and had an aluminium pan chassis.

Absolute legend.
The B2, B3, and B4 shocks all mounted behind the tower. Someone flipped them on this one.

But yeah, you are probably right on that shock tower. That is the B2 version of the tower. Good catch.

Don't you dare sunk my battle ship again 🤣 🫠:banana:

sunk, sank. Idk Grammar that well.
That's because instead of focusing on your studies you are hanging out on here. Back to work!

It's hard to say if that is an RC10 B2, B2 Worlds, or B3 without measuring the arms and/or track width. The B3 was basically the same car with a few difference. Longer arms, hubs, and if I remember correctly the shock towers may have been slightly different. There may be a few other small changes, but I can't remember for sure.

Parts can still be found here and there on ebay. But they are very durable buggies, and pretty good racers. Maybe not very competitive with today's 2wd offerings, but great track cars nevertheless.

That has the good shocks on it 😉

You can still find repro bodies and wings for them.

It's a B2. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/vintage-team-associated-rc10b2-rebuild.4905/

B2

1710724546157.png

B3

1710724244589.png

On the B2 the front suspension cross brace is behind the a arms on the B3 it is in front of the a arms.

Another way to tell is the rear chassis plate.

B2
1710724397175.png

B3

1710724486276.png

B2 has rear universals, B3 has MIP cvds.

Those are the easiest ways to tell visually if a car is a B2 or B3.

Last edited:
Back