car going backwards

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NORRYS

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
well i bought a starter box and today i went to try to start my rc , i started the engine and the car started to go backwards and as i was using the starter box i thought i had got it wrong so i turned the starter box and kept it the position of the car and I turned it on again and the car just went backwards. If anyone can help me I appreciate it

not a nitro guy but sounds like 1 way bearing is bad
I'm new to rc. but oneway bearing does not stay on the pull start or will there be any more because mine does not have a pullstart I use a starter box, I have a hong nor x1 cr buggy
not a nitro guy but sounds like 1 way bearing is bad
I don't know maybe it has something to do with the diffs? what do you think??

I'm new to rc. but oneway bearing does not stay on the pull start or will there be any more because mine does not have a pullstart I use a starter box, I have a hong nor x1 cr buggy

I don't know maybe it has something to do with the diffs? what do you think??

The one-way bearing has nothing to do with bump starting an engine, I wouldn't worry about that.

It's possible the diffs are backwards, but that would have to have "happened" at some point during a rebuild, it's very unlikely a new model came that way.

Nitro engines can run backwards, but not very well. From the rear of the engine, so that you're facing the same direction as it is, it should turn clockwise.