Cap Coming off Motor Saver Filters

• Thread starter Motor Saver Filters
  • Start date

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motor Saver Filters

RCTalk Vendor!
RCTalk Vendor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Motor Saver tested the large off road filters 6 months before putting it on the market. We could not get the cap to come off at all. But recent threads say that this may not be true in all circumstances.

Two reasons that may cause the cap to come off are: (1) the inside foam starts to show signs of wear after a period of time and should be replaced (replacement inside foam element, pack of 2, part #TMXFM; replacement inside and outside foam elements part #8FFM/B8FFM). The foam has less pressure on the cap, as a result cap does not hold on as tight as using new foam.

(2) Body can hit the filter and contribute to the filter being hit at high impact. With this said we are now testing a new cap that will lock on and will now have to be unscrewed to remove the inside foam. This cap will be able to be used on existing filters.

We will update everyone when testing is complete and available. Those who have had problems with caps coming off we will replace with new locking cap at no charge.

A new, reusable wire clamp (patent pending) that holds rubber base on to carburetor is now available. It holds as good or better than a tie strap and is also adjustable when rubber base shows signs of wear. It can be seen on our website: http://www.motorsaverfilters.com/revo.htm, shown on the Revo base. It is sold separately as part #RTS. It fits the Revo, Jato, Savage and many other trucks and buggies with 16mm carburetors.

Motor Saver Filters

In light of the recent threads regarding this, we appreciate your help and input on the issue.

Thanks,
Ed

Yeah, it's great to see a company who cares about their customers after the sale.

I still like my motorsavers. I, as well as the others, appreciate you guys stepping up and standing by your product.

I have them on all my RCs and so far have not had any problems with one yet. But thanks for the heads up on the new design. Will the caps be sold seperately so we can just add the cap to our existing filters?

I have some of the old-school ones, and am now looking into getting new filter elements - thanks for posting the numbers...

Cool, i have motorsavers on my old maxx and I will have one soon for my savy, cause they are the best.

I have only had the cap come off once and that was when a friend hit my maxx going 30 and it knocked the cap out of postion, it never really fell out.

The wire thing is awsome I had one on my maxx it was easy to take off and put on.

I had the cover pop out twice on the same filter, resulting in engine damage the second time. But I bash stuff much harder than a normal person - I test new cage designs for RC solutions, which includes 30' jumps with lawn dart landings and head-ons into trees, rocks, etc. In both cases I hit something really hard, so I don't blame the filter...

I haven't had mine come off yet... it's been a year (10 gallons of bashing with same engine) and I haven't replaced the inner element. I just clean it with wd-40 on occasion and lube it back up.

Sounds like others just have crappy luck?

I havnt had any probs either. I know the top element gets pretty damn dirty, so I'm sure mine is doing its job.

Really great to see you guys come on here and support your product and provide answers to people without all the "I got this e-mail..." I have MS on all my nitros and wouldn't think of running anything else.

ms vs k&n

i should have looked into it a little deeper i guess before i bought that k&n but the guy said at the hobby shop that they are awesome,he must have figured that being a toolpush on a drilling rig that i have lots of money to throw around,so thanks for the help again fellows much appreciated. :cheers:

I think that is a sweet thing for an RC company to do.. join a forum to let us know the defects!!!

hahaha

adrian

TacRacing said:
I think that is a sweet thing for an RC company to do.. join a forum to let us know the defects!!!

hahaha

adrian

I think it is a GREAT thing to have a manufacturer join the forum and provide us with info on their products. I also have a tremendous amount of respect for a company that listens to it's customers concernes and works to improve their product based on info provided by us, the consumers.

Products are used and improved all the time, if they can take our concernes and use them to make a great product even better, then what's there to laugh at? I would rather a company be honest than blow smoke up my ass. If the new caps are sold seperately I know I will be getting a few myself. I will continue using motor savers on all my rides.

NCNitro said:
I think it is a GREAT thing to have a manufacturer join the forum and provide us with info on their products. I also have a tremendous amount of respect for a company that listens to it's customers concernes and works to improve their product based on info provided by us, the consumers.

Products are used and improved all the time, if they can take our concernes and use them to make a great product even better, then what's there to laugh at? I would rather a company be honest than blow smoke up my ass. If the new caps are sold seperately I know I will be getting a few myself. I will continue using motor savers on all my rides.

Whoa.. wait.. I was laughing due to the fact that I couldn't believe that they joined the forum to tell us that. I think it is great...

So.. I am not "laughing" because of the act.. but more of the fact that it was unbelieveable.

adrian

I guess I should have knocked on wood when I said mine "never" fell off... it's missing now after last weekends bash session. I have no idea how much dirt went through the engine, but I didn't really see any in the carb or the base of the filter after taking out the actual element... I have no idea where the cap is, so I'm no longer running a MS filter.

Update on Motor Saver Filter Cap

We have been testing two different versions, one with a screw top and one with side standoffs. We tested them equally for the past two months and found that the one with the four standoffs not only kept the cap on in high impact, it also helped keep the inside foam from wrinkling and losing its compressibility.

Anyone that has had a failure of any type with their cap email your name and address to [email protected] and we will send you a high impact cap at no charge.

The part number is #8OFCP. Be sure to look for the standoffs because the old caps will not have them. New label will say “High Impact Cap”.

Thank you
Motor Saver Filters

attachment.png

attachment.php

Attachments

• High_Impact_Cap.png
    High_Impact_Cap.png
    178.2 KB · Views: 180
Cool! I'm glad I didn't throw away my filter. Although, it did make a nasty mess out of my new OS 21... I had about a teaspoon of mud in the engine. Dust mixed with fuel. Now my compression is almost non-existant, but it still runs good.

Thanks for the update and the good faith in replacing caps for your existing units.

Companies like yours are an asset to the RC industry.
-Ed

I do not have a Motor Saver filter but I do use the clips for the tube. They are great! Much better than zip ties. It is a perfect fit on the updated HPI Savage filter. Buy one, wait buy extras.

Mike

Back