Can't get traxxas nitro slash to start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CasperWaifu

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So I just bought a new traxxas nitro slash, I had it started but as soon as I started it for the first time the wheels were spinning very fast without the throttle being pulled. Now it just won't start at all, I even replaced the glow plug. If you guys could help me out or even allow me to send it to one of you for repair it greatly appreciate it

Attachments

• 20220604_205143.jpg
    20220604_205143.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Ok, can you tell me, does it stay that big when you turn on the radio?

Does not move the slightest in an position?
Are both needles at factory settings?

If both needles are at factory/break in position as per manual, then just decrease the idle by turning the idle screw counter clockwise, until the wheel stop moving. Thats it.

Last edited:
Ok, can you tell me, does it stay that big when you turn on the radio?

Does not move the slightest in an position?
Are both needles at factory settings?

If both needles are at factory/break in position as per manual, then just decrease the idle by turning the idle screw counter clockwise, until the wheel stop moving. Thats it.
It does not move when the radio is turned on and both needles should be at factory settings but now it won't start at all

You could have an air leak or clog up carburetor.

It does not move when the radio is turned on and both needles should be at factory settings but now it won't start at all

Can you see the fuel in the fuel line?
Do you know how to primer the car before starting? Hold the finger over the exhaust stinger, then crank the engine with EZ start, and watch if the fuel moves trough the lines.

So I just bought a new traxxas nitro slash, I had it started but as soon as I started it for the first time the wheels were spinning very fast without the throttle being pulled. Now it just won't start at all, I even replaced the glow plug. If you guys could help me out or even allow me to send it to one of you for repair it greatly appreciate it
Take a good look into our Nitro Tuning Tips and Tuning Flow Chart thread.

couldn't op use throttle trim knob to open carb to start motor. slight adjustments nothing big.

You could have an air leak or clog up carburetor.
Since it is new, I can now assume the carburetor is not clog. Make sure when you prime the engine, you can see fuel moving to the engine first. Check your glow plug. If the HSN is set wrong or air leak, then you will experience the high rev and stop.

There are a few basics you need to check for it to start.

Your idle gap looks good. You first need to get it to start to sort out the high idle.

1. Verify your low and high speed needle settings as per your manual.

2. Prime the engine properly. Finger over the exhaust and crank the engine. LOOK and make sure fuel is going from the tank to the carb. OR, take off the pressure line from the exhaust and blow into it. Also, LOOK and make sure fuel is reaching the carb.

3. Seeing that it fired up previously and you replaced the glow plug, I assume the plug is good. I'm guessing it has the Traxxas ezstart? Verify glow plug burns nice and bright by taking it out and checking. If not, then it's not getting enough juice from the battery.

4. Also make sure you have not flooded the engine by over priming it.

5. If you have a good glow plug, you KNOW fuel has entered the carb and it's not flooded, it should start. Open the throttle trim a bit on the transmitter to help it to start.

6. If it still has a very high idle and it engages the clutch and wants to walk away from you, decrease your idle via the idle screw as @gandalfnz said.