can someone please help me with picco .26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok i got my picco. 26 and i need to install the carb, once i install the carb and screw in the screws, do i need to put a seal around it?

help, my needle is deformed, what should i do? my high speed needle is inward!! WHY??
1831DSCN7540-med.JPG

Last edited:
1) If I understand you correctly, your ask how to seal the carb neck. You can use some RTV sealant if you wish. I personally have never done this and never had any problems.
2) Your HSN is not mangled. You are talking about the fuel inlet nipple(banjo fitting I believe). This is adjustable via the nut above it. Loosen that and redirect the nipple to where you want it. Then, snug it down. Do not overtighten.
3) Relax and take a deep breath!!!!!!!!!!

ok, thanks, so if i want can i leave the HSN the way it is??

Sure you can. You will just reroute your fuel line.

SWEET, i kinda like it, i dont have to have my fuel line go all the way around, i can't wait to get my savage back together! :boxing:

why don't you just turn the HSN so it faces the direction you need it to?

I had the same issue with my XTM 24.7 pro; all I did was twist the HSN about 45 degrees and it was fine...no leaks...nothing.

If you run the fuel line up against the cylinder/head, you'll end up preheating the fuel and loose some power.

Hey Pissant - Glad to c you got the BEast. Take it really easy on the Breakin. After a gallon or so you'll be rewarded with a sick powerfull nitro engine.

thanks guys, i just moved my HSN, it was easy, i will go really slow and easy with my .26, i think i will use a gallon, before i start going on all hell with it. :cheers:

i have a question, should i use ARO in my engine, before i run my new engine. :moped:

I always use a little ARO in all my new engines prior to the initial start up. A little extra lube is always a good thing.

A few drops of ARO is always recomended since there is very little lubrication. Put it into the glowplug hole and give her a few pulls of the pullstart. Reinstall the glowplug, put on the glow ignitor and let her rip!

i got another question, i got a screw and a couple of o-rings for the carb, my question is i lost one o-ring and snaped the other one, would it matter if i left this off. i guess iam asking this late, becuase i already put the screw in and nothing seems to be out of place. These things are very tiny, would it matter of i kinda left these off. They were as big as my flint in my toe!!

Ya see what happens when you rush things!! I would not put a drop of fuel through that thing untill you replace what you've lost and broke. The o-rings play a very important part in keeping you engine from leaking air and fuel. Do the right thing or toast your engine. It's up to you.

O rings are there, usually, to seal leaks. i would get replacements if I were you. Might be a place where trouble may start.

damn those shits are tiny, what size would you recommend? and how the heck do u put them on, i did it, but it keeps falling off!!

WTF are you talking about? Which O-rings? The one for the carb that fits on the part that slides into the crank case? The ones on the carb clamp? the ones on the HSN, or between the carb and the banjo fitting and the HSN housing?

Explain better, or take some pix.

As for the size, who knows, but I'd get the replacement parts (they're a sure fit).

do you know how the carb came with a screw, 2 o-rings and 2 screw setters, its keeps the carb on. iam missing those o-rings, its the one between everything, HSN, carb

That would be the pinch bolt. And you are missing one and lost the other because you were in a rush. Call ofna and ask what size they are and pick em up at the LHS or see if they will send you a couple. And when you install these again, make sure you roll them on the shaft ( kinda like a condom ). Then use a little lube to make them slide in a little easier.

Yes, I know, I have a Picco 26. there's 2 pieces that goes in the hole that clamps on the part of the carb that fits in the crank case. A small O-Ring goes on each one of those, and a bolt goes thru one and screws into the other. I don't remember an O-ring that goes between these. There's a thin O-ring that selas between the case and the carb.

you kind of lost me on the last part
iam missing those o-rings, its the one between everything, HSN, carb

Originally posted by RoadRunner
That would be the pinch bolt. And you are missing one and lost the other because you were in a rush. Call ofna and ask what size they are and pick em up at the LHS or see if they will send you a couple. And when you install these again, make sure you roll them on the shaft ( kinda like a condom ). Then use a little lube to make them slide in a little easier.

Also, it's not in the book, but if you insert each one from the outside and then install the bolt, there's nearly zero chance of cutting the o-ring like you would if you assembled it and tried shoving it thru from one side. Trust me, I learned that the semi hard way.

Last edited: