can someone help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jugga

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi there

I was wondering if someone could help me. I bought a acme condor a while back and havent since been able to get it running. I have managed to get it to start after a while and then it rev's really high and spits alot of fuel out of the exaust then die after about 2-3 seconds.:)

Jugga,

If you're spitting out a lot of fuel out the exhaust then it sounds like the truck is far to rich, try leaning it back a bit.

-Michael

If it revs high, and spits fuel you may have several issues. The spitting fuel out is definitely an indication of a rich condition as Woodie mentioned, lean out the hsn a bit. As far as the high revs, a lean condition will cause that but seeing as how it is spitting fuel most likely it is not caused by that but rather the idle being set too high, or the linkage holding the throttle open, either by the throttle trim being turned up on the radio or the linkages not properly set up. I have also seen though where an engine was set too rich on the hsn and too lean on the lsn, so imo your best bet would be to find the factory settings for the carb which will be a bit rich to start, then start tuning from there. But first check your linkage and idle screw settings, make sure you have a 1-2mm opening max on the carb barrel when it is closed.