Can I use parts for Revo 3.3 on my Revo 2.5?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes u can just can't use the engine well u can but it will mess up your gear box,

is there any way to upgrade my Revo to 3.3
not really the engine but what are main differences between traxxas Revo 2.5 and traxxas Revo 3.3.
i know that chassis is a bit longer but what about other parts?

revo upgrade

to change a 2.5 to 3.3 you need the chassie and center driveshaft. you can change the motor with no problems but wheni did mine i did change the grearing. i.e the bell and spur gear. hope this helps.

so this is very easy to change Revo 2.5 into 3.3
but is it worth it?dose new chassis give really any better performance that may matter when you don't race?

the longer chassie with the 3.3 tames the wheelies down a bit. but as far as handling they are about the same.your handling will depend on your setup(shocks, tires oils and so on) i peiced mine together with things off ebay and other rc sites for less than what it would cost for a nice used one. when doing a 2.5 to a 3.3 you can use everthing but the front and back center drive shafts. well you'll need new body to fit the chassie. i loved my 2.5 and my 3.3 is a great running truck. 99% of all the parts can be swapped.
if you need more help let me know.

Back