Can I make your official R/C video?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nedly

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
Following the resurrection of the nitro crusher I intended to make a super official video for the truck upon completion. Because I am majoring in CIS I have exclusive access through my college for the latest software and have plenty of computing power for video and audio editing. At this point, I want to get some practice making super cool videos as I am not only interested in the idea of doing this but I will also be working with these kinds of software in the near future and could use the practice.

I need some material to work with. I am posting this here because I want people to submit their material with permission for me to cut clips, rearrange, and modify to small extents. I would just use youtube but I feel bad messing with others material without their permission.

I want everything to be posted here, so if you have a youtube video you can embed it, I will download it, make the video of your choice and then send it to you to publish (I will not publish anything myself to youtube etc. I edit 'your' video for 'you') with hopes that you will display the final video on this thread through your own interest for before and after display. If you do not wish to post the final video it is your right not to.

I can do many things with the videos, I can add soundtracks of your choice, slow motion specific shots, work with more than one video and combine different clips etc... I can scratch videos like a dj and mix dubstepping tracks no problem.

Things I cannot do (as of now):
-Make graphical banners / intros (animated graphics)
-Transfer foregrounds and backgrounds of videos
-Etc..

I am willing to make the video as you choose, or you can just toss in your vid for me to do what I want as I see fit and then I will submit it back to you. Projects may take anywhere from three days to two weeks, as I am learning this subject as I make the videos.

It is best if there are several videos to work with allowing for a range of camera shots and clips to be meshed together, but I can work with anything.

This is completely free. There is absolutely no contract except that you are the owner of this material and I therefore do not have the permission to redistribute it to anyone but the owner (you), and cannot claim ownership of it in any way. You simply grant me permission to edit your material for you.

I just want to do it because it sounds fun and because I have the ability.

Intermittent assistance and presentation with the owner of the material may be done through Google Drive, PM's, or openly on the thread.

Hit me with your best shot! :first_place:

P.s. An official video might help your entry in the ROTM! :thumbs-up:

carshot.jpg

Last edited:
That's cool man. I will get you some videos soon. Just got my new crawler so I plan on doing some videos with it.

I have some videos you could do but I have no idea how to get them to you. They are huge because i shoot 2 different 1080p cameras and I use 320kbps MP3 audio track. A single video is often comprised of anywhere from 6 to 12GB of video/audio.

Just to help out brown bear...uh...Greywolf....whatever....can files downloaded from a video flash drive to a computer be emailed to you?

typically anything over 1GB is not able to be emailed and most emails wont let you email files over 10-30MB.

You have to use some form of online storage, or torrents. I might be able to link up a Dropbox folder or a Google drive folder for shares. I know Dropbox does it, I can share a folder to emails with read/write and then you could upload it right there. I am trying now to see if Google's drive will do it because I think I have more storage there. I have about 20gb's on Dropbox.

Then the only other thing to think about is upload speeds..

Dropbox wouldnt work as an option. It would kill my bandwidth for 12+ hours to upload that much data. My upload bandwidth is only 1Mbps on Time Warner.

Torrent is a possibility as I used bittorrent for downloads but I've never created a torrent. Got any idea how you do that?

I might be able to figure it out... I have not used those methods in a long time. I think you have to first make the torrent file, and in that files settings you have to add DHT trackers or something and then announce it to their servers. Then it should be prepped for seeding and sharing.... I will look into it.

I guess I assumed most people already had their stuff on youtube... Then I would be the only one uploading.. : D

Last edited:
I dont put my stuff on youtube until i edit it myself. This is all my unedited footage from when I shoot a video that I'm going to put up on my RC YT channel :)

Although if you want to take videos I've already done and have posted to my youtube channel feel free to mess with any of that you want. If I like it I'll post it up on my channel :)

www.youtube.com/user/Greywolf74/videos

Last edited:
Thanks! It looks like there might be some good shots with that Ofna 9.5.

Unfortunately, That was taken back before I had good cameras...actually all of my running footage was. I think I'm getting Rolex-itis. :(

Videos of people pushing their vehicles yelling, "Vroom, vroom!!!!" while wearing no pants is a good thing??????

i dont think most people video there stuff very often, if at all. I could be wrong but it doesn't seem that way :)

That's actually kinda surprising to me. Well, the thread and offer will stand! I have been gathering some small clips and vids that I will be able to work with and I will be dabbing with it all. I actually hope to have a vid that I edited posted here with in a week or so that everyone can check out. My resources are not limited to any extent of time right now..:)

Thanks Jacks! I am inspired by your editing skills! Especially the video "Winter driving in the Baracuda E Revo", that was done very well. :thumbs-up:

Back