can anyone tell me why my servo is doing this?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It could be the servo going bad ,take the servo out an have a local shop test it!

There is some stuff or certain anomalies that we can not diagnose!

One time ,I had a servo that sometimes it worked an sometimes it didn't ,that servo ,I had taken it apart ,an it
had one of the wires had came loose at the solder joint an was getting contact on the vibrations!

I'm really thinking it is either the receiver failing or possible a servo issue, leaning more on the receiver failing though. do you have a second receiver to try? if not id either go to your LHS (if thats where you bought it from) and tell them whats going on i was having esc issues when we first got our Arrma, brought it in the next time and were still having the issue and swapped right then and there in the store under warranty.
if it was something online, you may still be able to go through a hobby shop but may have to email might even go try contacting arrma themselves and tell them whats going on.
unless its pretty new-ish i wouldnt expect it to be free, but you never know.

I'm really thinking it is either the receiver failing or possible a servo issue, leaning more on the receiver failing though. do you have a second receiver to try? if not id either go to your LHS (if thats where you bought it from) and tell them whats going on i was having esc issues when we first got our Arrma, brought it in the next time and were still having the issue and swapped right then and there in the store under warranty.
if it was something online, you may still be able to go through a hobby shop but may have to email might even go try contacting arrma themselves and tell them whats going on.
unless its pretty new-ish i wouldnt expect it to be free, but you never know.
i got it arround the 28th of december

Yea ,if it is not that old ,it should be under warranty if you had not modified nothing or used too high of
a cell count!
Either way that you go ,it will take time ,so if you did get it at your local H.S. ,I think maybe you should take
it down there an have them test the stuff ,an they maybe able to diagnose & fix it on the spot were you dont
have to wait too long ,but ,I wouldn't recommend running it like that ,or even have a batt. plugged to it ,if it is a servo
shorting out ,it could fry something else!

I was thinking back ,an remembered ,that I do have a servo that does that same very thing ,an I still have it!

Sense that I run nitro ,I was using it for my throttle ,it was doing like yours causing my engine to rev hi an low ,
also it was twitching ,so yes ,a servo will do that behavior ,especially a steering servo that takes a lot of hard hits
& punishment!

I'd stop using it and replace the servo. Horizon is pretty good about replacing those as they have a relatively high fail rate. The one in my outcast didn't even make it through it's first turn in my drive way the night I got it. I drove to the end of the drive way, tried to turn and it kept going straight... When I walked up on it and turned the wheel back and forth, it sounded like gravel was in the gears. Just grinding.

Yours doesn't seem to be a mechanical failure like mine, rather an electrical failure of some sort. It could be overloading your receiver and esc, which is why I'd stop messing with it and just replace it. Isn't worth frying your receiver and ESC over a stupid servo.

Yea ,if it is not that old ,it should be under warranty if you had not modified nothing or used too high of
a cell count!
Either way that you go ,it will take time ,so if you did get it at your local H.S. ,I think maybe you should take
it down there an have them test the stuff ,an they maybe able to diagnose & fix it on the spot were you dont
have to wait too long ,but ,I wouldn't recommend running it like that ,or even have a batt. plugged to it ,if it is a servo
shorting out ,it could fry something else!

I was thinking back ,an remembered ,that I do have a servo that does that same very thing ,an I still have it!

Sense that I run nitro ,I was using it for my throttle ,it was doing like yours causing my engine to rev hi an low ,
also it was twitching ,so yes ,a servo will do that behavior ,especially a steering servo that takes a lot of hard hits
& punishment!
thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I've already added cap pack to my bat wires earlyer today and thinking i might need a buster for my receiver. my new servo is on its way but who know when it will show up... its a 20 kg servo so that should have better pwr