Buzzard's Wraith Thread..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitrobuzzard

Useless NOOB!!
Reaction score
Neither here...nor there...but everywhere
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I screwed the pooch on this one guys as I didn't take as many pics as i would have liked to during the transformation process...my apologies. The few i do have was taken with my phone so please be kind...lol

It was the RTR Wraith, still running stock electronics with the exception i swapped receivers to my Spektrum.

I chopped the rear part of the cage off as i really didn't like the look of it being that long.

Made a "bed" to cover the rear. Adding this made changing the battery a pain as i would have to take all the screws out. So, I removed a bit of the battery tray to allow it to slide out the rear. Covered it back with another body panel (next pic) Works great.

IMG_20140330_134349_zps6f199c8a.jpg

Then decided to make some body panels and a new roof for it. The bed and panels were made from sheet metal for duct work. I was going to use aluminum but figured that would be too easily demolished...this stuff is tough...lol

IMG_20140330_170929_zpsea48d297.jpg

IMG_20140330_170902_zps281050bf.jpg

The metal look was all fine but i decided to go flat black...also it's sitting on Pitbull Rock Beast II tires with Junfac Beadlocks that i received from HPI-Killer. :D

IMG_20140405_221952_zps9b633182.jpg

Then i thought i'd would represent a bit...

IMG_20140405_214239_zpsc12e9c49.jpg

Tried painting the front diff cover but face it, hands are too shaky and my eyesight not that good anymore so, i only done this one...lol

IMG_20140404_222930_zps84ca47fe.jpg

More to come as more happens...

-NB

Hell yeah lookin sweet Tony, I like the RCNT rep on the metal panel shown through the f-black!

Yep, looks bad ass!

Thanks all, glad you like it! :)

Hope to have new links on it in a few weeks. Haven't decided if i'll make a set or just buy them beings the price of the STRC setup is so low.

-NB

STRC makes good stuff. I use their links on my mERV.

I like that you used alumiunum for the body panels, and then painted them

I like that you used alumiunum for the body panels, and then painted them

Thanks Alexander but it's not aluminum, it's sheet metal. Just a touch heavier than aluminum but alot more durable...

I love the rings!

Thx bro! I finally finished up the program for the bed and it should be done sometime next week. Depends on when my buddy has to time to run it at the machine shop. Then it's paint time again....

Also got my STRC links in and am waiting on the ends for them. Got the steering done but ran out of ends...lol

Pics to come after I get the bed finished :)

Sign me up for a bed panel set, ill drop some coin your way if needed! Also if you need ends still text me I got a sh*t load I can send you.

Also, love the rig man looks great!! If I ever get mine done I could stop being so damn jealous of yours!!

Finally got time today to get the bed cover cut for a mock up to check fitment. Have a few minor adjustments to make before cutting final. Hopefully within the coming week I'll have it all sorted and installed.

Now to start designing next item.....hehe

I know...all this talk with no pics...patience young grasshopper

-NB

I have seen this bed panel via text message and the proof is within my gallery, but sneak peaks arent for everyone and I can't spoil the fun because its not my thread. But I can tell you it is SICK!!