Buying My 1st Nitro Rc Car

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnni

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey All

I'm new to this scene and i want to buy my 1st nitro rc car but not sure what brand is good to start off with.
I want a road car and something quick that will reach speeds up to 100km/h (62mp/h) or even more if I'm lucky so what would everyone suggust for me.

thank you

how much are u looking to spend? ofna and kyosho have the onroad/rally type cars and theyre really nice and priced from 360 to 500bux

ill be happy to pay up too 500 for one that is quick

be sure t talk to people that have owned at least 2 different brands. i have owned one brand, i would NOT be able to give a honest idea.

The Losi Speed-NT is an off-road stadium truck that is best suited for on-road, and will do about 65 mph after break-in and tune. It's not a strict on-road, nor a strict off-road, which at least opens up your options as to where you can run it.

Losi Speed-NT

Also, based on my experiences, Losi/Horizon Hobbies has great customer service. This truck is based on the XXX-NT, and Losi has a XXX-SCT Short Course electric truck that is based on the XXX platform, so your parts options are growing.