Buyer Beware - Performance-PCs.com

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
BUYER BEWARE!
performance-pcs.com seems to think they deserve to keep 20% of your money for returning an unopened item. They also seem to think that they should get to keep 20% of your money if you place an order, realize that you might have made a mistake in your order, then cancel the order (45 minutes after it was placed) so you can recheck what you need and replace the order. Yes they actually tried to do this to me on a $680+ order. Now that one I had to goad them into it by hinting at the fact that when I replaced the order it would most likely be larger than the first and that if they didnt let me cancel it without at 20% fee then I was going to order whatever parts I still needed from other resellers. Sure enough my new order when placed the following day was over $1000. Looking back on it now and having all the problems I've had out of these people I regret ever giving them a penny. If I were you I wouldnt give them any money either. I plan on using other websites even if I have to order from 4 different places to get everything I need.
PLEASE BE WARY OF BUYING ANYTHING FROM PERFORMANCE PCs!!!

While they do state this policy on their website it does seem a bit excessive.

Its extremely excessive. The whole purpose for a restocking fee is for items that are opened that can not be returned to the manufacturer and therefore the reseller has to mark the item down and sell it as an open item. In a case such as this I can see a restocking fee being in order but for unopened items and especially for orders that are cancelled 45 minutes after you submit them theres no excuse for it. Companies do returns as a service to their customers so that their customers can have confidence in their purchases knowing that it the item isnt the right one or it doesn't work or they simply change their mind then they know they can go back to the retailer and they will make it right....assuming that the retailer isnt going to loose money on the purchase which most of the time they dont or its so little that they still do it knowing that providing good customer service will help keep repeat business up. Now maybe Performace PCs doesn't care cuz they know theyre the only large website to buy the type of products they sell but either way they dont provide good customer service.

I've worked with Xoxide.com and they may not have as big a selection, but they do carry some of the water cooling stuff as well as some case customizing materials.

I've worked with Xoxide.com and they may not have as big a selection, but they do carry some of the water cooling stuff as well as some case customizing materials.
I've not ordered from them before but I am familiar with their site. My last couple of orders have been placed through sidewinder computers.com. Interestingly enough I had a problem with my first order from them. After 9 days I still hadnt received my item. I started looking through my email for a tracking number and couldnt find one. I emailed the company about the problem at about 9pm by 11pm I had a response apologize profusely and the owner went down to his store at 11pm at night and shipped the parts out to me 2 day mail. This was only a 24 dollar order. I dont even care when companies make mistakes when I see them provide customer service like this in order to make things right for the customer. I have already placed another order with them and I'm hoping that things go the right way this time but I'm confident that if not that I'm in good hands. :)

I went and looked at sidewinders store policies and your right they do state way down toward the bottom of the second page that they charge a 20% restocking fee even for just placing and then immediately cancelling an order but who looks at that kind of stuff. I'm assuming most people would just simply expect their return policies to be at least similar to most other places policies since so many of them are about the same. Their policy is so off the wall compared to the norm that there should be a warning right on the front page or at least as your checking out. Something...

They called me and said that he had talked to his boss and was going to let me return the item one time for no restocking fee but theyve pissed me off already. The guy wasn't even polite in his emails. His very first email he was very curt and gruff. you can tell that the guy obviously deals with loads of complaints on this very subject by how he replied right off the cuff basically telling me that that was the way it was and Id just have to deal with it. I'm paraphrasing here but that was the gist of it. Anyway, I'm returning the whole order instead of just the one item. If they screw me out of 20% then so be it. Id rather loose money then to see them get the full amount at this point. I'll reorder from some of the smaller shops.

Well, I guess I'll get off my soapbox now :p

Back