Butane solder iron

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Whats your experiance with them? Up untill i got into electric rc the only soldering i have done was for plumbing. Never needed a small iron. I bought a 80watt iron off amazon and the thing flat out sucks. Thinking about trying a butane iron but see they are hit or miss.

The butane soldering irons are great. Plenty of heat up to ten gauge wires. The lead solder works best but sometimes you can’t get it. So then it needs a little more heat.

I use a butane soldering stick. I also use flux and lead solder.

I have tried a number of other types. Forget the pistol grip trigger ones.
You need at least 60 watts but more is better. I am tired of fighting with it and buying a soldering station. If you have enough heat you can solder quickly and not spread heat into the wire of component.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/852D-2in1-...=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

I use a combination soldering/reflow station. Never used a butane one as I have never seen the need for one. Plus having to buy the butane all the time would suck.

Whats your experiance with them? Up untill i got into electric rc the only soldering i have done was for plumbing. Never needed a small iron. I bought a 80watt iron off amazon and the thing flat out sucks. Thinking about trying a butane iron but see they are hit or miss.
I use mine I bought from Matco
Whats your experiance with them? Up untill i got into electric rc the only soldering i have done was for plumbing. Never needed a small iron. I bought a 80watt iron off amazon and the thing flat out sucks. Thinking about trying a butane iron but see they are hit or m
I use mine all the time bought from Matco but there is cheaper ones. All kind of different tips including mini torch tip. Love it