Burned Out Mamba Max, time to move on..

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motonut

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So I'm just getting back into RC SCT and with my new addition, the Blitz ESE, i was unfortunate in burning out my mamba ESC. Now I'm looking at a replacement and wanted to see if anyone has had success with the following.

I'm looking at the HPI Motive or Blur, Novak Havoc or GTB or another Mamba. I would rather not try another Mamba (mine fried out in less than 4 months).

some insight would be nice and any recommendations will be helpful.

ps. I'm still a noob in training :)

If you go with a Novak system avoid the refurbs! i was being cheap while back and bought one of there refurb systems on the Novak site, the first esc took about 10 seconds to go up in smoke, the second lasted a little longer but also failed. I have had good luck when I bought them new though.

Just curious, what motor were you running with the mamba and what gearing?

Why didnt you call cc I ran cc mamba 5700 and had it for a while and they replaced the esc when it went bad I had it for like 5 or 6 months

Why didnt you call cc I ran cc mamba 5700 and had it for a while and they replaced the esc when it went bad I had it for like 5 or 6 months

I was planning on trying what you said. But meanwhile I went and pickup a couple of Novak Havok Pro and a 10.5T Ballistic. The ESC were cheap, due to the new one that came out. I do miss using the castle link though.

Castle has always had great service on the systems I bought.