buku pipes???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I rerad a review in a mag.It was a confirmed hp/tq increase.Ya know I have forgot about these.I no some racing tracks banned them for racing.

That's a lot of dough for a basher like me. And if they are illegal to race, then I don't see the point at all.

yeah i know there pricey but it seems like it would work insanely well

That's pretty badass IMO. I'd buy one just cuz it's a spectacular concept. I love stuff like that :thumbup:

I have one on the way. I'll either put it on my LRP or my RB 928. Either way I'll let you know what happened.

hey brushlessboy did you ever get that buku pipe? if so how did it run?

Havent fitted it yet, but I'll give you a heads up on the hassle it looks like being. It comes with two different cone sizes, (big block small block) and 4 internal springs with different tensions. Once you fit the correct cone and what you think is the right tension spring, you block the low end stinger with the supplied blocker. Then you tune the mill as you normally would.
When you're happy you richen it 1/16th (low and high). Then you unplug the low end stinger.
Then you run it. If its set up right you should notice an increase in low end speed, and a drop in top end power.
If it is that way then you use the enclosed spanner to relieve the tension on the spring, until you're happy with the top end performance.........
SO! It may improve performance considerably, however if its illegal to race with, and to hard for the average basher, who doesn't need hair trigger response and power, then what use is it......
My question is, since we all know how often we have to retune, is this pipe going to make every tune as hard as it sounds like it will.
It looks great, but I think I'll stick with normal tuned pipes for my other rigs........

Sounds like it'll be more work than it's worth for me. I think you're right BB, put it on a racing rig and leave it, it's definitely for the people with more than one rig IMO.

Sounds like a lot of work to me, but it I bet it would be a lot of fun to get tuned, if it gives a nice power increase.

yeah no joke it has a good concept but... who would want it if they have to spend and hour extra tuning? puzled,

Does it mention anywhere in the instructions abot pre-mature balding or random instances of Tourrette's syndrome?

Does it mention anywhere in the instructions abot pre-mature balding or random instances of Tourrette's syndrome?

Not sure about the tourettes, but you mentioned balding....hmmm, I wonder if in another life I spent too much time trying to tune an engine with one of these pipes on it.

not sure about the tourettes, but you mentioned balding....hmmm, i wonder if in another life i spent too much time trying to tune an engine with one of these pipes on it.

lmfao!!