Built me a new computer......

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rochellcommaj

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey guys!

I haven't been on the last few days b/c I've been working on a new computer. I was running a pentium 2.26 at stock speeds and thought I'd order a new 2.4c and overclock it. This is one sweet chip. I got her in and running 3.25 ghz. This thing gets up and strolls. Don't know if anyone else on here tinkers with these things, but I figured an 800+mhz overclock on a cheap-o heatsink fan cpu cooler isn't too shabby.

Once I get everything installed and ready to go, I'll be back on here terrorizing everyone again. :wasted:

what was your CPU temp b4 overclock and what is your temp now? That's awesome but be careful because overclocking will shorten the life span of your CPU no matter what but if properly cooled you can have a lot of fun gaming;)

I've got a Coolermaster AERO4 cpu fan on it. It's cool as heck. Temps are about the same b/c I just turned the fan speed wide open on the aero 4 cooler. right now I'm 33c idle and 46c loaded. It's rocking and I'm lovin every minute of it. I've been away from oc'ing for a while and since the last time I have, there's a big difference in what you can squeeze out of chips now. I haven't had to bump the voltage, so as long as I keep heat in check, I shouldn't shorten the life of my cpu