Building a Ramp

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroRC4Life

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Right now I'm have all the wood that me and my dad just got from Home Depot so I'm going outside now to make my ramp. I'm gonna do my first one with no kick (I think its called that) because I need to get good at hitting jumps but I'll have pictures of the process and have a vid another day cause I'm waiting on a new pull-start for my Revo... tell me what ya think when I post pics!!! Peace

Bad thing about ramps without kick is that they are usually abrupt, wich can make you lose control when you hit it.

well i just finished it and t looks good, it nothing like how all of you guys build them bur for my first one i think its really good, the pics will be up in a minute, there uploading now to my computer...

My First Attempt

Ok so as it says, this is my first attempt at building ramp., I like it and soon ill be back to home depot with my dad to get more 2x4's for a middle support cause I didn't pick up enough of them but it's fine for now, i guess, but here are some pics of it and the wall it's next to right now is about 2.5-3 ft high..

Attachments

• DSCF2029.jpg
    DSCF2029.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCF2032.jpg
    DSCF2032.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 125
definately needs a kicker!! Imagine yourself standing in the middle of it with all your weight, that kinda what you want it to look like when your done

Really, you should have your ramp curve a bit. Makes for a much better ramp. The wood you used is thin enough to bend, so I'd bend it when you mount it up.

If you make supports on the bottom/sides like this, you can screw the face of the ramp directly to them. Make one, then use it as a template to make the others. It will give you a gentle curve to allow your suspension to absorb/rebound much better and make jumping a lot more fun than just a flat ramp. Trust me, I've made a few. The last two a friend of mine and I made were like this, but with a bit more curve than I'm illustrating here. Using a 2x6 would allow for more curve but also give you more strength for a longer lasting/reusable support when the face of the ramp breaks up on you. Because if you use it a lot, it will eventually start tearing up the plywood. Also make sure to use screws vs nails on the face so you can get them in flush with the wood if not a bit countersunk to avoid them digging into your skids/chassis.

2009-1011-RampSupport01.jpg

These are some of our older ones. I don't have any photo's of the most recent that we made using 2x6's on the sides.
2008-1019-HinkleyBash008.jpg

Good luck with your future parts busting! ;)

Last edited:
ya on like wednesday when me and my dad go back I'm gonna pick up like 3 or 4 more 2x4's and make a bottom support with shorter middle supports so that when i nail in the board itll bend down but i can't drive my revo till at least tuesday because I killed my ez-start so I'm waiting on a new pull start for it!!!

Back