Building a playground for the kids

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
The last few weekends have been pretty busy, just finished up on a bathroom remodel I did and this last weekend I built the kids a small playground.

Still need to add sand, beam for swings and swings then stain. At least it's somewhat functional now.

IMG_20170507_181013.jpg
IMG_20170507_181031.jpg

Who do you think you're kidding here? I see a driver's stand and the sand is obviously for a track!!! :hehe:
Kidding of course! It looks great! I'm sure they'll love it!

Nice work Mike!
Thanks! It's been a lot of fun doing this build and the first one I've done solo.

Who do you think you're kidding here? I see a driver's stand and the sand is obviously for a track!!! :hehe:

You know I never even thought about that, but it would make one heck of a drivers stand. Now it serves two purposes. :D

Very cool project. That tube slide is for getting to your car as quickly as possible if you don't have a turn marshal with you.

That's the beauty of this particular design... See, the kids will invite their friends over to play... Meanwhile, there will be a group of rc'rs and a cookout going... The kids get to have a good meal and a killer dessert... The races start soon after and the kids are primed to turn marshal in exchange for being allowed to run a couple (track supplied) low dollar rtr's... The kids are PSYCH'D cuz they got to RACE and play with the 'BIG BOYS' TOYS!!! AND the adults get to spend a fun afternoon/evening with the kids, the RC'S and friends... WITH all turnmarshals COVERED!!! EVERYONE wins!!! :cheers::celebrate::banana::first_place::ofnabuggy::second_place::hyperbuggy::third_place::woohoo:

That's the beauty of this particular design... See, the kids will invite their friends over to play... Meanwhile, there will be a group of rc'rs and a cookout going... The kids get to have a good meal and a killer dessert... The races start soon after and the kids are primed to turn marshal in exchange for being allowed to run a couple (track supplied) low dollar rtr's... The kids are PSYCH'D cuz they got to RACE and play with the 'BIG BOYS' TOYS!!! AND the adults get to spend a fun afternoon/evening with the kids, the RC'S and friends... WITH all turnmarshals COVERED!!! EVERYONE wins!!! :cheers::celebrate::banana::first_place::ofnabuggy::second_place::hyperbuggy::third_place::woohoo:
Sounds like you have the next RCNT Bash planned already. ;)

Sand = Cat Box

May want to use that recycled rubber tire stuff.

One of those flash fires... Will look like someone shaved a bear!!!

Post a map with directions. We're planning a sleep-over every weekend.
Man he's cool as hell till he gets a little of my shine in him. Be careful, it could get scary....

But you have to wear pants to attend...
That is just one of the things........
Hope everything is well with you Rolex. I miss this place, just not got much time anymore.

Woodie, was that a kit that ya buy or did ya get parts and buy the wood?
We bought the grand kids a small swing but not satisfied with it. Thinking of getting something like thishttps://www.walmart.com/ip/Backyard-Discovery-Montpelier-Cedar-Wooden-Swing-Set/15730012

Good to see you, @digger. A lot of us used to spend hours at a time here, but it seems none of us has the time we used to.
So, will you be upgrading from this....
redneck-swing-set.jpg

....to THIS?
campfire-8.jpg

Back