Building a metal RC Demolition derby body

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I hope this becomes a thing at local tracks because this is just awesome! This guy takes 0.3mm aluminum sheets from a local print shop and turns them into aluminum RC bodies, which he then promptly has an RC demolition derby.

How to build a metal RC Demolition derby body

RC Demolition Derby

I haven't been able to find his body blueprints yet, but hoping he posts them soon.

Wow! That would be super brutal with nitro trucks!!! Lmao! I have seen 1:1 school bus derbies... Fun!!!
I love the body design... 80's ltd, crown vic cop car looking... Good derby cars!!!

I don't know if my local track would run these. they do enough damage "rubbing" with lexan. lol

Lol! Thinking like maybe a lil thicker alum body with a cage... Maybe throw in some sort of scale, remote cont smoke for fun... Would have to be set on a 'tank-like' built, bulletproof chassis and beat the SNOT out of all competition... OR be light and quick enough to avoid the abuse as best as possible until there is no one left to take out just a few... Pick and choose your battles wisely as the saying goes... But strategy is the way to go if not by all out brutality! Yes, this could be a LOT of fun!!!

I was thinking more like something a lil heavier to be able to run with nitro. Obviously a heavier kit would require a lil heavier gauge to keep the fun moving, possibly adding some reality to the scale... It now that you mention it... Some nasty spinning blades strategically mounted to the wheels for tire an body shredding, possibly a super high rpm, diamond tip circular saw blade on a quick release system... For a friendly attack... Lol!!! :naughty:

Some nasty spinning blades strategically mounted to the wheels for tire an body shredding, possibly a super high rpm, diamond tip circular saw blade on a quick release system... For a friendly attack
Sounds like you're one of those guys at @hamz9561 local track doing light "rubbing"

Lol! I've been known to buff out a spur gear with my bumper from time to time... I'd LOVE to see @Rolex try THAT one!!! :p

If @Rolex. Is making house calls... I have a slew of stuff that needs waxing!!! I'll even send that guy the $1500 and if you wouldn't mind delivering it all Rolex...??? :hehe:

If @Rolex. Is making house calls... I have a slew of stuff that needs waxing!!! I'll even send that guy the $1500 and if you wouldn't mind delivering it all Rolex...??? :hehe:
You might want to check your local indecent exposure laws. @Rolex doesn't wear pants and that leads to some "interesting" situations with local law enforcement....

I'd love to see us all made these bodies and hold the RC derby at @Rolex's house... the pain he'd be in to see dirty beat up RC's would be well worth the drive. :hehe:

It's all fun and games till he gets stuck, pantsless in the leather recyliner in the front yard!!!

I'd love to see us all made these bodies and hold the RC derby at @Rolex's house... the pain he'd be in to see dirty beat up RC's would be well worth the drive. :hehe:
Suddenly I'm not feeling very good. I'm going to have the paramedics on standby till I can get that image out of my head.

How about holding it in his living room and offer his Bling Thing as Grand Prize?

Oh, the agony... The.. D d d diiiirrrttttt!!!! :p

The bling thing...classic! :hehe:

Back